Unstable as hydrazine.

Not mine! This was written by
smut-hub on tumblr.
Smut alert!
-------------------------------

"Let me do it, Y/N. Before you fuck it up."
"What?"
You glare at Raven, a fire burning behind your eyes. As good of a mechanic as she is, you would have thought that by now she'd realize you're just as passionate. Her actions and words seem to show differently, however, as she pulls the wrench from your hand and replaces it with a flashlight.

"You heard me. You'll probably end up killing us all." She doesn't even look at you, giving the pipe in front of her all of her attention. You take a step back, arms falling to your sides.
The two of you are in the bottom of the drop ship, nothing but the dim flashlight in your hand for company. One of Bellamy's little soldiers reported a rocket fuel leak this morning, and you volunteered to fix it before the unstable liquid caused an explosion. Raven made it her business and decided she should to be present in case you needed help, but here she is taking over the project.

It hurts, really. You're just a year younger than her, and had been in training to become a mechanic before you were locked up for lifting spare parts. It was all in the name of science, just some supplies for experimentation. You were discovered, though, and no one had been as disappointed in you as Raven.

She had sort of been your mentor while you were training, teaching you the basics and showing you the more fun sides of repairs. When you were taken to the sky box, she visited you once, and the whole time she just fed words to your already guilty conscience. You were almost relieved when she didn't come back, aware that she still went to see Finn every visiting day.

Since she got to the ground, she's done nothing but let you know how much knowledge she has over you. You haven't even had a real conversation. The most she's said to you is that you're not doing things right, making you believe that maybe being a mechanic was never what you were meant to do. You've kept trying though, desperate to prove to her that you're not a lost cause.

"I could've handled it," you say quietly, crossing your arms. A thick frown rests on your lips as you watch her work. "I'm not stupid, Raven. I know how dangerous rocket fuel is."

"Yeah, well, could've fooled me." Every time something like this happens, you feel a small piece inside of you break. Raven was one of your closest friends on the Ark, and one of the most important people in your life. She was always so encouraging and filled with energy, you almost can't believe this is the same person. "This is coming from the girl who rigged a faulty landmine two days ago. Hydrazine seems like a big obstacle for you."

You're aware of what happened between Finn and Raven, and the end of their relationship. You had watched him with Clarke every time they were together, and knew that there was something more than friendship there. But it wasn't your business to remind him about Raven. You had never even spoken to him before you reached the ground, and as angry as his actions made you, you knew it wasn't your place to correct him.

That's why you're not surprised that Raven is being harsher than usual. She's agitated all the time, face stone-cold and jaw clenched. You know how important Finn is to her, and how much it probably stings not being able to interact with him the way she's used to. She's hurting. But that doesn't mean you're going to sit back and let her dump all the anger she's feeling on you.
"Have fun with the stupid project." You throw the light to the ground, away from the puddle of fuel, and turn on your heel to leave. Your footsteps are quick, head down. If being around Raven means this constant degrading, then you want no part of it.

You hear her mumble something behind you and the squeaking of shoes against metal. "Y/N, wait!" You keep walking, eyes burning with forming tears. The landmine is a sore subject for you. Three of your own people were injured when it went off. Someone could have been killed, and there's no one to blame but yourself. It's almost all you've been thinking about since the moment it happened.