Ch 51: Letting Go

Start from the beginning

Dante knew how self conscious I had become and tried to compliment me as much as possible. I appreciated his efforts.

"Love you." he whispered as he hugged me.

"Love you too. See you later." With a final wave he climbed into his car and sped off.

I stared at the large brick building, many students walking around and hanging around on the front steps. With help from an admistartor I found my first class, English which was an hour and a half class.

I had a thirty minute lunch break before my second class of the day began. As soon as I stepped out of the classroom I had my phone in my hand, calling my mom for an update on the twins. She said that they had woken up to eat then fallen back asleep. I had just walked up to a food bus when I  heard a voice behind me.

"I would recommend their bacon hamburger with cheese fries." I turned to find a handsome man, a smile on his face. He had that perfectly tousled brown hair from running his fingers through them. Perfectly straight white teeth and deep brown eyes that reminded me of chocolate.

I looked behind me, not quiet sure if he was speaking to me or someone behind me. Sure enough  when I turned to look no one was there.

He let out a soft chuckle. Deep and masculine.

" You looked completely lost, thought I would help out a damsel in distress." He  smirked as he extended his hand out "I'm Grayson ."

I looked at his hand hesitantly before shaking his hand. He had a nice warm grasp. He was a shifter as well, though not from my pack. There were a lot of surrounding packs so it wasnt unusual to run into one of their pack members in public places.

"Ashley." I replied hesitantly.

I turned around when the cook spoke up.

"The usual Gray?" He asked overlooking me. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from snapping at him.

"Yeah and another for the beautiful lady." He sent me a wink.

"I can pay -"

"Its my pleasure, I assure you." He smiled again, his teeth startlingly white against his tan skin "You don't look familiar, I know I would remember such a beautiful face."

I couldn't help the blush that crept up my face. It had been a while since anyone else besides my friends and Dante complimented me.

I didn't know how to reply so I was so relieved when the cook called out "Order up."

Grayson walked forward and grabbed the two plastic containers containing the hamburgers and handed them to me. The other two contained the fries covered in steaming cheese and bits of bacon on top. My mouth watered at the sight. He set them at an empty table nearby before he grabbed the sprites and sat down across from me.

"Eat." he slid a hamburger  and fries toward me and grabbed a fry off his own plate and bit into it. After he swallowed he looked towards me "So Ashley, what pack are you from?"

I followed suit and bit into the burger. It was really good. He waited patiently as I swallowed and took a sip of my Sprite.

"Im from the Moonlight pack and you ?"

"Thats thirty minutes from here isn't it ?" I nodded my head. "I'm from Nightengale, its around the same distance away."

We spent the rest of lunch talking, getting to know each other.
He was the middle child, he had an older sister and younger brother. He didn't have a mate and he wasn't quiet sure what he wanted to be yet. Afterwards he walked me to my next class, promising to wait for me afterwards. A few seconds later he walked in and sat down beside me, as I raised a questioning eyebrow.