Part 2

Abigail's POV

Sarah began to look at the items being sold while I watched the others around me. One I could tell was a reverend though he didn't seem to like shaving. Apparently many men in this town didn't. Still he kept looking at me odd. Then there was one beside him who wore a long leather jacket that was more of a tan color. He had dark long hair that was about to his shoulder. I could easily tell these people were weary of me.

"I think I have everything I need." Sarah says as she turns to me and then sees the two younger men heading our way, great that was all I needed. "Oh this is Reverend Paulson and John Harthington. They are very kind aren't you gentlemen?"

Yeah sure they were. I'm sure all the other girls they followed with that line felt the same way. Rolling my eyes I looked away from them and down to the baby boy who just smiled at me. Of course he would think anything anyone did would be funny.

"Is this the cousin you spoke of? Abigail was it?" the reverend spoke up.

"Yes, she has come to help me until Philip returns. She is a bit shy though. Abigail say something." Sarah says with a friendly nudge.

"Delighted to make you acquaintance." I say as I turn and look at them.

Both men smiled at me either surprised by my word or I have no idea. Either way it seemed they knew my cousin well. The Reverend began to talk to Sarah which left me with Mr. I'm too though to talk to a girl. Seemed like there was one of those in every time period. Usually they were the ones with the most issues.

"How long will you stay in Salem?" Mr. Harthington asks me trying to make polite conversation.

"Until my presence is no longer required." I answer him quickly trying to not make any emotional attachment to anyone...I already learned my lesson during the revolution.

"Short answer, very glad to meet someone who doesn't waste time." Mr. Harthington tells me as I turn to walk away but then stop.

"Forgive me Mr. Hartington-" I start but he stops me putting his hand up.

"Just John, I never listen to anyone who addresses me by my last name." he says as he begins to walk and now I am the one following him.

Why would someone not like their last name? That didn't make much sense to me at all. Unless their was a story behind it. Knowing that I decided to continue following him.

"John you said...that is a rather common name. Sad to say you must know many who share your name." I tell him as I walk ahead of him.

That seemed to catch his interest as he was now walking a bit faster just to keep up with me. My cousin, Sarah ran up in front of us telling me to meet her at home. Which she quickly gave me directions to as well. Nodding in agreement Sarah went home with the infant child. 

"So Abigail make sure you keep your eyes open. Many people here are not what they seem." John seemed to warn her of something that she really already knew.

"Then I shall do as you say my eyes will always be wide open." I assure him and then she decided that she had enough talking and walked ahead knowing that John wasn't far behind her.

Walking back to the house where Sarah lived I was surprised to see a woman with raven black hair and beauty that wasn't natural walking out the the house. Blanket in hand. My suspension grew and I walked right up to the woman and took the blanket from her. Looking down I found young James in my arms.

"What in the name of the lord do you think you are doing?" I question her as the tone of my voice rises.

"I am merely taking the child to my home to watch him while Sarah rests. Who are you?" she questions as she narrows her eyes at me.

"I am her cousin and I will be the one to watch James. Your services are not needed while I am here." I stand my ground as I sense John make his way to us now.

"You heard her Angelica, I think it's time you go home, to your husband." John tells the woman who smiles at us and places her hood back on.

She turns and begins to leave. Running back inside I see Sarah laying on the couch asleep. I hoped she was asleep at that. Running to her I quickly hand the child to John as I check Sarah for a pulse. Lucky she had one and I managed to sigh in relief as I turned back to take the child when John looked at me like I was crazy.

"What did you do to her neck?" John questioned me.

"I was just checking to make sure she was breathing." I lie though I kind of was doing that as well. "I'll put James to bed and thanks for help with whoever that was out there."

Taking James I manage to find his nursery and lay him down in what appears to be a crib. Coming back I see John is still here. I wanted to ask him why but then I saw him looking out the windows. Did he think that crazy lady was coming back or something? Walking up to him I put my hand on his back and quickly his eyes meet mine.

"She might come back. Keep your guard up." John says moving to the door.

"I'm a force that anyone would hate to deal with." I tell him with a sly smile.

John smiles at me as he opens the door and walks out. Holding the door shut now I make sure to lock it. Well their version of a lock. Just as I turn to walk away my necklace starts to light up. Walking the mirror I look at it odd.

"Abigail can you hear me? It's Fred." the necklace it like a communicator.

"Yes, I can hear you Fred." I say excitedly.

"Good got some news for ya. We wrote in a new part for you that will make you be able to hold your own against the witch!" Fred tells me with glee in his voice.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" I question.

"You are a white witch." Fred says through the necklace and I can't help but be surprised.