25

~Jamielle~

I can hear the choir singing in Westminster Abbey. I'm wearing my gown, as I chosen this in place of the traditional surcoat dress. I'm in my room, caressing the imperial robe to be worn in the conclusion of the ceremony. I looked around and I was left alone here in the room. Looking around was seeing the other clothes to be worn in the ceremony, I think it was too much for one day.

        I breathed in a huge amount of air and I sat on my chair. Later, I would be sitting on the throne from Scotland and my name will forever mark history. I heard three knocks from my door and my husband came in. He looks amazing. I feel instantly amazing with the sight of him, and better since we both know we love each other.

        "Ready for later?" He asked. He sat down beside me, took my hand and kissed the top. "You are beautiful, wife."

        "The way 'wife' rolls down your tongue is comforting, husband. And no, I'm not ready, I think?" I carefully rested my head on his shoulder, making sure that it won't ruin my updo.

        "I know you're not ready, Jamielle. Just calm yourself and you would be good to go."

        "Why does it feel that something's going to happen?"

        He rubbed my back. The gown made for me was off-shoulder and it weighed me down. They made it with finest satin and silk for every layer. The designers encrusted the neckline and the waistline with sapphire and rhinestones.

        "You're overthinking things, wife. Let yourself calm down and the day will end perfectly."

        Camille, Edna and Cyrah entered my room and prepared the robes and garments to be worn later. Two days before my coronation, I have chosen a group of my senior lady-in-waiting and others. I have chosen my cousins and my friends from the royal family. They are waiting outside the room and preparing themselves for their new duties as my ladies.

        James accompanied me outside the palace where the carriage is there to take me to Westminster Abbey. We travelled slowly and all the way, James had held my hand all the way. I really don't feel good today and I know something would happen. I can't point it out but it might happen to me, or anybody else. I prayed that nothing would happen to James and I should be reverted to me.

        "I love you, Jamielle. Everything will be well."

        I sighed. "I love you, too." I hope all will end well.

~*~*~

The Abbey was packed. Everything that I am saying here was all in my mind and what I am feeling right now. I am to say the coronation oath and promise in front of God and to my land. My family was just near, they were with James and later, he will be crowned in his own rights.

        If anybody would feel anything that I'm feeling, I'm feeling goosebumps and my mind was anything but calm. The choir was singing, the bishops were reading and I am now to promise to execute my duties as Queen.

        "Madam, is your Majesty willing to take the Oath?"

        "I am willing." I answer.

        The Archbishop gave me a book, placed on my hand and he started to administer the questions that I shall answer solemnly.

        "Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Union of South Africa, Pakistan and Ceylon, and of your Possessions and other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?"