8

"This is Helga, Jamielle."

I bowed my head to her. She curtsied to me. We are in the White Drawing Room, we are to discuss the impending wedding. They want it to be cleared before we make the formal announcement. The Head of Household, the ever loving Ms. Hopkins, introduced my our wedding planner; Helga Dorothy.

James was here also, standing with me. Of course, we need to act like we're on good terms.

Ms. Hopkins gave Helga the forms we answered yesterday. We lead her to sit down and discuss this. Ms. Hopkins stayed, instructed by my Grandmother that she needs to witness everything about the planning.

James sat beside me, of course, we need to be too close. Ms. Hopkins sat beside Helga. Helga took out a file case and she readied her things.

"Uh, Your Highnesses, this wedding is very difficult to handle but I'm hoping your full cooperation on the wedding." Helga explained.

I smiled. "Of course. James and I had clashed ideas on how the wedding will be."

Helga smiled. "Well, I'm actually impressed, Your Highness, that many of your choices are the same, like the church, the flowers, the colours. But of course, there are varied choices. This is a critical choosing. This will reflect to us, your citizens. Your Grandmother had called the finest and the best of their fields to work for our team for your wedding."

"Ah, so be it." I turned to James. "So, are you fine with it, James?"

"Of course, as long as everybody cooperates." He smiled at Helga.

What a charming prince. I rolled my eyes with no one seeing.

"Yes, Your Highness, everybody is expected to cooperate. Shall we?"

It took us about three hours to discuss some of the details. We arranged schedules for each department. The florists, the caterers and many more.

We dismissed Helga and we will see her next week. James and I were still in the drawing room. I've to explain him what must be done and what must not.

"Look," I turned to him. "You know that we need to act natural in front of the people. But in school we can't, they all know what's the real deal between us. You're in your senior year, I'm in my first year, so that means you'll be more mature. But after the wedding, they expect us to act like a couple.

"When we're outside, of course, we need to act like something. If we're in the Palace, we all know what it means; Mind Your Own Business. We need to be clear. Maybe you're used on acting, because it's what we should do. In terms of faithfulness, that would be a problem since we don't love each other. You can have girlfriends while married but do not do it in public. You will be King consort."

"Wait, concubinage? That is morbid thinking, Jamielle."

"You might have a girlfriend right now. It's fine with me since I don't even love you."

"Jamielle, I'm not that kind of person."

"I don't know who you are, James. It would be a miracle if I fell in love with you."

"Why are you like this?"

"I'm like this because this is only a job. We can't be romantically involved. Love isn't for Kings and Queens."

"What would you brand the bond your parents had?"

"They loved each other before they were married. The could easily do that. That was natural with them."