3

Erik was holding my arm while we walk to the Queen's Parlour. She was going to wait there. I was already informed that James has arrived.

"I know that you know that I love you, Jamielle. I'm just giving you away because I have no choice."

Erik's grip on me became tighter and how I wish he will never let go. I am amazed at myself because I was able to keep my feelings towards him to be just friends.

My servers also told me that Erik was a catch. I was too blind to see him. I wish I did. I wish God gave me glasses to see more than of Erik.

We reached the Parlour and before entering, I breathe in and kept it until the doors opened, there I let it out.

Erik was holding me tight. We walked in the parlour and two figures, a man and a woman stood up. The woman was Princess Kathaina of Norway and she was a good friend of my late Mother. The man beside him was tall, tanned and, has facial hair. He was good-looking perfect build but I can't see anything more than that. He was James, the Prince that will tie me in the hands of the monarchy more.

I just see hatred.

I looked at my Grandmum. I can't breathe. I looked at Kathaina and to James. I shook my head and I slipped out of Erik's grasp.

I bolt out of the door. Running away from the Parlour. Running away from the future laid in front of me earlier. Running from my stupid ideas and running away from everything that the palace offered. Running from my groom. Running from Grandmom. Running from the future that one day will be controlled by me. Running from many things. I can't breathe. I can't think of anything else.

I ran out of the main entrance of the Palace and I heard the palace staffs running after me. I even heard the shouts of Erik. I want to escape this world I was born in. I want to escape the place where I would run a country. I was too selfish to think of my people.

I ran through the court and I even heard cars from the back of the Palace. Even horses came after me. This was too much for me.

I ran like this meant death. This really was death for me. The Royal Guards weren't paying attention, they were just on their places but when they heard orders from the other staff.

I ran pass them and luckily the gates were opened because a car was entering the gates. I ran past them and turned left. I can see people, busy people, doing ther jobs. One day, I said said to myself, I will think about them.

I ran faster. The people now were looking at the chase. They are probably think that their Princess must be a fugitive. That their Princess is a rebel. When I ran further, I went to a halt and pushed myself to a post bin. I wated there for some secondsm

I peeked and saw the guards scattered running and looking everywhere for me. On their faces, it flashes the hopeless expression. I slumped on the bin again. When I heard a guard say that I'm nowhere here I peeked and they were retreating. I was catching my breath all the time. I stoood up for a while and ran to the nearest coffee shop.

Fortunately, there were no guards here. But after some moments I saw from the windows that guards run on the streets again. I ducked down from a table and peeking from there. Two heads pop beside me. A look of confusion was plastered all over their faces. I smiled at them.

"Dearie, I'm so sorry. I've been running all day and hiding from the guards." I explain.

They just nodded slowly. They must've recognized me. I grinned and stood up. They were gaping at me.