17

We have to go to an orphanage for today. We have until four in the afternoon. I was with James and it was compulsary. Grandmother knew that we were spending time away from each other. I was debating with her about this. I told her what should we do? I will grow bored. I don't even have any interests with James, even if he is my husband.

I was still on the idea of the kiss last night. Why would he do that? He was mad at me and I did nothing wrong. I remained silent up until now. I don't want to bring up to discussion about that kiss it make me think of harsh things.

But by the way he kissed me last night. There was thirst. The fire enveloped him and it radiated to me also. It was a half mad, half passionate kiss and it made him hungry for more. The way he pushed me to the wall and took my mouth. It was filled with somekind of... longing? He needed answers. I felt it through his kiss. His intensity was surprising and it made me hungry for him. I shook my head to clear that idea off me. I don't even know if I regret slapping him once he was done with my lips. I think I do.

The car stopped and I heard the little voices of the kids from the orphanage. They wouldn't want a badass girl to look at so I will try to be sweet for the sake of the kids.

I waited for James to step out of the car and when he did I stepped out of the car.

You are blind! You are heartless! Very insensitive to what the people want you to be!

I blinked off the exhaustion of recalling those words from my mind. It came from the very mouth of my husband. I don't care what people think of me. I don't care if they are scared, ruined to what I'm showing them. I don't even care if they like me. As long as they don't protest on how I run the country, I'm going to pull all shit out of my rule.

I'm not even Queen yet.

The kids from the orphanage gave me a bunch of flowers maybe picked from the back of orphanage. I smiled at them. I try to remember the kids in the orphanage near my shabby.

"Princess! Prince! We love you!" They were all shouting those words. I feel that I'm not worthy of the love they were giving me. I went out if the car first and went to the children, I didn't wait for James to make me look excited for what was happening right now.

James went beside me and he was attacked by the children. He was just left laughing with them. He was laughing like nothing happened yesterday. He was laughing. He was just acting. Was he acting yesterday? To make me terrified with him? I shook off the idea from my head and focused on the swarm of children with us.

The security and orphanage caretakers lead us inside the establishment and I did my best not to touch any part of James. I'm worried because I might feel the same thing I felt when we were together last night.

We played with the kids all day, talked to the nuns and staff that were around to meet us. I was all smiling and I realized that my cold persona went away for a while. When the kids were eating lunch, I was now alone with James in a private office. I told them that we could eat with the children but they did not want to risk the chances of getting dirty with them and if we were goiong to eat there, I thought that the children mght not enjoy their meal if we are there looking at them.

I didn't even want to eat with my husband alone. He was eating in silence and not even making a sound only the sounds of the utensils were near hearing. I was drinking my water when he finally spoke.

"I'm sorry for last night." He muttered. I didn't answer, instead, I just waited for him. "It got out of hand and I'm not really drunk. I just sipped whiskey with Edvard and Erik."