6 - Never Trust a Stranger

Start from the beginning

“When?” She asks cheerfully. I look at her before looking back at the whole class. I was about to answer her but I was cut off by the sound of the bell.

Save by the bell

I smiled to myself as I gathered my stuff like everyone else. The little girl however was confuse as everyone had stood up and some had walk through her. This seems caught her attention as she look at me with wide eyes.

The poor girl doesn’t even know she’s dead.

I look at her with sympathy before getting out of the other side of my table and heading to the door. I look back one last time to see how the girl was taking it only to see nothing. I frown and walk to my locker in worries.

“What did your locker do to you?” Jackie teases before I ease my frown eyebrow.

“It refuses to open the first time.” I said happy that it was true but he didn’t know I was frowning before I even arrived to my locker. “Do you have lunch next or are you in the other lunch group?”

Jackie links his arm around mine as we walk through the parting student who look at Jackie with worried and a fake smile on there face. I look around before I look at Jackie who smiles down at me and mouthed ‘I tell you later’. I nod my head letting Jackie leads me to the cafeteria.

“Guess we both have the same lunch time then.” I muttered to myself before Jackie laugh and playfully slaps my arms but he seems to underestimate his strength as the slaps actually hurts.

“Me, Polly, Rachel, Danny, Brad, Andy and Travis all have the same lunch hour.” Jackie said still smiling as we grabs a tray and walks to get in line one the student who was once lining had given way for Jackie while Jackie pulls me to the front of the line looking like a lose puppy.

“Okay, that’s weird.” Jackie chuckles at my statement before shaking his head. I look at the food in front of me scowl. There were too many foods and all seems to be so good. “Can I please have a steak with chips and mixed vegetable?”

The woman smile at me before grabbing a steak, a few chips and some mixed vegetable and put it on the plate. “Do you want any gravy?” I nod my head and she put some gravy on my steak and hand me the plate.

I kindly took it and put in my tray before look at Jackie’s order which was slightly the same with mine but he had peas and corn instead of mixed vegetable. Jackie walked first not before stopping in front of this fridge we usually see in supermarkets or the corner shops where all the bottle of drinks, yogurt and any foods that need to be put in the fridge are place. Jackie grabbed a strawberry a yogurt and a diet coke while I grabbed a flavoured water and tiramisu before we head to the cashier and paid our food.

I followed Jackie who seems to walking towards the centre of the cafeteria where Rachel and two fake blondes from this morning was sat laughing at something. I stops before looking around the room and was thankful to see Polly waving her hands in front to get my attention.

I was about to head towards them when Jackie pulled my arm and drags me to the table he was walking to. “You have to sit with me today.” He said with the look of regret and pleading.

“Why?” I ask confuse.

“I’m gonna die of boredom here.” Jackie said in a low voice. I look at him still confuse as hell. He sighs before looking at me and leans closer to whisper something. “These people are not really our friends, they just one day decide to hang with us and kick the others out of the table. However, Rachel and I are like trapped from them. if we refuse to hang out with them they’re going to bully the others like they did during sophomore years.” He pulls back and did this puppy dog eyes thing.