"Ashley, she raised you. She's just confused."

She just shook her head again and asked for the maple syrup.

Avery kept his head down and he chewed slowly and quietly. They were both depressed when Sasha announced that she was moving in with her new boyfriend, but their outlets were different. Ashley was addicted to eating chocolate and nothing else, when I managed to get something different in her however, it was mostly sweets and chips. Avery had this uncontrollable urge to keep buying useless things and in school, he was constantly drawing, writing and painting.

It hurt seeing them like that.

And besides them, I had my own problems to deal with. I had this thing of zoning out when having a conversation and a problem falling asleep. I even went through three days without a nap.

"Mom, I need maple syrup." Ashley said urgently.

"Oh. Uh...didn't I give it to you already?" I asked, confused.

"You've been standing there for a few minutes now, Mom." Avery supplied.

"S-sorry..." I muttered.

See what I mean? I opened the refrigerator to get milk and the syrup Ashley asked for. I walked to my seat with my plate of pancakes and the items from the fridge. I handed the syrup to Ashley and poured them both glasses of milk. Sitting on one of the barstools, Avery held my hand with his small one.

"We're going to be okay, Mom. We'll beat Sasha and Hudson in this case. No one can break us apart." Avery said.

"Yeah. No one." Ashley agreed, giving us a sympathetic nod.

I smiled. Sasha would be so proud of her kids. They're growing up so fast and there's little I could do to stop them.

When we were finished eating breakfast, I told them to shower and to wear yellow or orange clothes. Avery understood but Ashley didn't. The former ran to the bathroom, leaving us alone.

I knelt in front of her and ran my hand through her soft hair. "You look so much like your Mommy." I whispered. "We'll wear yellow because it means happiness and hope. That's exactly what we're there for right? Being happy with the court's decision and hoping for the best."

She grinned when she heard that, nodded and rushed off to her own room. I went to what used to be mine and Sasha's room and I got mesmerized by so many memories we shared in this room. One important memory was still lodged in my forgetful head.

The sunshine was beautiful, not too dim and not too bright. Just enough to illuminate the beautiful blonde lying next to me. Her hair was everywhere in her pillow and she was dressed in an oversized shirt, making her look like a gorgeous mess.

Her eyes fluttered open and she stared at me with her cerulean blue eyes. I expected her to stand up and leave but she just stared at me with a small smile blooming on her heart-shaped lips. She brushed a stray strand of hair on my face and caressed my cheek with her soft hand.

"I love you, Shannon. I want to spend forever with you and you only. We will have a dozen kids and we'll drink iced tea with them on our porch, watching our beautiful grandchildren run around on the yard." She giggled. "We're the definition of forever, Shan."

Yeah, right. We are just another one of the failed Hollywood marriages and we are another proof that there is no such thing as forever.

I walked out of the bathroom fully dressed in a pair of acid washed jeans, a bright yellow top and I wore my cream Vans. I just left my hair in it's natural curls and added concealer to my eyebags. I can't let Sasha know that I've been skipping sleep. If she found out, she'll use it to manipulate me.