Chapter 2.

I sat quietly in front of him, waiting for him to explain to me what he was. As I glanced over to the window, I saw the sun setting.

What time is it? I thought to myself.

I heard a sigh causing me to avert my eyes from the window to look at Harry. He sat with his head in his hands. When he looked up at me I took a sharp breath feeling my body freeze. Something about those eyes scared me but also made me feel safe.

"Why do you want to know so bad..?" He asked me quietly.

"You practically saved my life, and seem to know who I am. So don't I get to know you?" I asked prying my eyes away from his red ones. 

"If I told you, you'd be scared.. Try and run.. I can't let that happen.." He said looking at the ground. 

Can't let that happen? Why? 

"Just tell me." I said a little to sternly.

I saw him look at me, his eyes furrowed, an intense stare in his eyes. He got up from his seat and slowly walked up to me, grabbing my hands and intertwining our fingers, pulling me up to stand by him.

"I want to show you something, then I will tell you everything you would like to know." He said giving me a small smile trying to lighten his mood, but I saw the pain behind it. 

He led me down a dark hallway, all the while our hands still intertwined. He got to a doorway and took a deep breath and looked back at me, his red eyes were the emerald color I saw earlier. He opened the door and led me into the room, flipping the light on and letting go of my hand. I stood there awkwardly looking at everything in the room. There were tall glass shelves lining the walls, all filled with so many different things. I glanced at the walls, noticing how bare they were with the exception of one portrait. I stepped closer to the portrait and took a deep breath. 

Harold Edward Styles - January 5, 1652

It looked exactly like him.. how? 

I stepped back and turned to him, fear pulsing through my body and I let out a shaky breath.

"Tell me..." I said quietly to him.

"Iv've been alive.. for many years, Amber.. I was turned into the monster I am in 1653, one year after that self portrait was painted. I've waited for my mate to come along all these years, and now I believe I have found her.." He said looking at me as his eyes filled with sadness.

"What kind of 'monster' are you?" I said taking a small step towards him.

"One of the night.. A shadow that stays hidden during the day-" He said before I cut him off.

"Just tell me!" I said through clenched teeth stepping towards him now right in front of him. I looked up at him, his emerald eyes having a tent of red to them. "Please..?"

"I'm... I'm a vampire..." He looking away from me and at the picture on the wall. "That was the year everything came falling down around me.. My mother passed and my sister disappeared.. Times were hard.. One night I was awoken from my sleep by my door opening, thinking it was my sister finally coming home I went to greet her, but came face to face with a stranger.. A monster.. I saw his eyes.. and I knew he wasn't human.. I ran.." He said trailing off while turning his attention back to me. His eyes cold, showing no emotion. Why was I not freaking out, this guy wasn't normal.

"But he caught me, all I remember was pain shooting through my body and then that's when everything went black.. My love, this world is cruel.. When I woke up my whole body was on fire, I heard and felt everything. From that day I was taught the way of the night.. I was taught to hunt on innocent people, kill them. I found out what mates were" he said motioning to me as he said that "and how when I found her my feelings for her were to be the strongest feelings I am to ever have she would never be able to leave.. that she would be mine.. Her last everything was to be shared with me and when she was ready she would be turned into a monster like me.. A cold , heartless monster.. and if she was to die, I would die, for one can not live without their mate.." He said falling down onto the couch that was in the corner. 

"And I believe you are my mate.." I looked at him wide eyed. Swallowing the knot that has formed in my throat. 

"How do you know that I am your mate.." I said sitting next to him, avoiding his eyes that were staring at me.

"Because, I feel everything you feel, I know everything you know, I've seen and experienced everything you have, the pain, the anger, the happiness, things I haven't felt since I was changed, It only happens when we find our mate. It's like we are one, my love." he said reaching over grabbing my small hands in his big ones.

I turned my head to look at him and getting caught in his stare. His free hand reached up to tuck a stray piece of hair behind my ear. For some reason this was easy to accept, I was his forever, I knew better than to run, I know not to leave. He deserved some kind of happiness and if I was to be that little bit of happiness then I would be.

I looked up at him, giving him a small smile, squeezing his hand slightly. He looked up at me, his eyes staring intently into mine as if he was trying to figure out what I was thinking.

"You understand all of this?" He said finally figuring out what was going on through my mind.

I nodded my head slightly and smiled again.

"There is another thing.." He said hesitantly causing me to look over at him while raising and eyebrow.

"I have to feed off of you, same for you, to complete the mate bond..." He said looking at me with worried eyes. That is when fear struck through my body. I took a deep breath, getting up to walk towards the door.

"As soon as your ready though, my love.. I vow to you that I will never force you to do anything.." He said getting up walking behind me, grabbing my hand and turning me to look at him. His chest was pressed againt mine, our lips only a few inches way from each other. I took a quick breath, looking into his eyes that were a mix of red and green as his eyes went from my lips to eyes and back. 

I saw him leaning in, closing the small portion of space between our lips. As soon as his lips made contact with his, my body relaxed, and I closed my eyes lightly kissing him back. I felt his tongue run across my bottom lip, begging me for entrance. I slightly parted my lips allowing his tongue to slip inside my mouth. My hands found their way into his curly hair and I heard a light moan slip from the back of his throat as he smiled into the kiss.

What are you doing Amber! You don't even know him! My mind was racing with so many questions. But why does this feel so right?

I pulled my hand away from his hair and placed it on his chest, pulling away, taking a shaky breath and looking into his eyes that were now their original color of green. 

" I'm sorry, my dear.." He said looking at his feet.

I didn't know what to do so I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his body freeze before he wrapped his arms around me in a light embrace. 

I stepped back, giving him a small smile, and turned towards to the door, looking back at him.

"Don't be.." I said quietly but loud enough for him to hear. I saw him look at me with bright eyes, a small smile playing at his lips. I walked out of the room and down the hall. When I got into the living area, I sat on the couch and brought my fingers up to touch my lips that were still tingling from the contact of his lips, smiling at the feeling. Knowing that one simple kiss would be my last first kiss.

What have you gotten yourself into, Amber?

Second Chapter!!! This story seems all romantic and what not but trust me, it will not always be like that. There's drama and smut to come. And it's not one of those stories where the girl get's kidnapped and freaks out and tries to leave. I making this my own. Please spread the word about this story and vote and comment what you think, what I should change. Just give me some input. Also! Go check out mine and my friend Mikaylas story 'A Love in The Making'! Major Shoutout to @isa_styles for making this stories cover!! 

Much lovee, 

AmberrNicholee<3