The dance...

22nd April 2016. Its my 17th birthday. I was really excited about the party. I was wearing my favorite white frock with matching ballerina shoes. It was my day. Baba had planned the party well. Ma had organized everything to make this day memorable.
Our parents are our biggest blessings in life. They sacrifice everything to make us happy. My parents had also done the same thing for me.
"Babai, come quick. Sobai aste suru kore diache." Ma's voice rang in my ears. Baba had booked Anadadhara Hall to celebrate my birthday. I was their princess and they wanted me to have a very special birthday. Kabir, Kritika, Siddharth, Sayan, Ritu, Anny, Puja and Jai were all waiting for me. My relatives had gathered in the hall and were lovingly looking at me. Ma had dressed me up beautifully. My hair that reached my waist was perfectly tied in a loose bun and the locks of hair adorned my face. As I decended the stairs, Baba came and took my hand in his arm. He looked young in his black suit. Ma looked stunning in her blue embroided saree. Both of them were looking so gorgeous that I felt shy of myself.
"Happy Birthday, Sonia," all my friends said in unison. One by one everyone handed me over the gifts. I was really overjoyed with so many gifts. The party was to begin soon. The elders were suppossed to party in another room and the youngsters were to occupy the hall. Music was playing in the background. It was one of my favourite songs.
Sooraj dooba hai yaaro
Do ghut nase ki maaro
Raaste bhulado sare gharbar ke
Sooraj dooba hai yaaro
Do ghut nase ke maaro
Gam tum bhulado sare sansaar ke....
We all started dancing. Kritika and Siddharth were having their moment and Jai was as usual staring at everyone. He was the best footballer in SAIE. Girls were mad about him. Unfortunately he was not a romantic guy.
Kabir came by my side and asked me about Mayank. I told him that he was supposed to come. But hadn't arrived yet.
Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around I saw Mayank. He looked so handsome in his black shirt and grey pants that I couldn't take my eyes of me.
"May I have the pleasure to dance with you gorgeous?" Mayank asked in his charming voice. I was totally mesmerized. I felt as if my insides were melting and my kness had become weak. I took his hand and looked around. Siddharth and Kritika were busy with themselves. They were completely lost in the moment.
Mayank and I started dancing to the beautiful jazz song-Overdrive.
It was amazing how all the couples were moving in a perfect sync. My cousins were dancing with their lovers. Love was in the air. It seemed that all my cousins had invited their dates.
The way Mayank held me made me go numb. I was lost in his eyes. He smelled of soap and expensive perfume. We kept on dancing until he told me that he wanted to talk to me privately. He took my hand and I followed him upstairs.