The freeing morning...

"Babai, kire ekhono uthish ni?" Ma's voice came from the other side of the phone.
"Ma, its 3 am in the morning here in Switzerland. Let me sleep. Call me after six hours," I said woth sleep muffling my words.
"E baba. Bhul hoye gache. Sorry, Babai. You sleep. I'll call you later." I could sense the guilt in her voice. I pressed the END CALL button and then fell asleep again.
When I woke up it was half past nine in the morning. Sundays are for relaxing, shopping and sleeping. I have always followed the same routine on Sundays since I was a kid. It didn't snow last night but its freezing. I checked the temperature on my phone. It is 1°C now. I was wearing a jacket and underneath it was a cardigan. But I still felt the cold. The cold air flussed my cheeks. I had to go out for breakfast. The cafeteria was beside my quarter. Though it was a ten minutes walk, the snow on the ground made it difficult to walk. I walked very carefully to avoid slipping. If I slip, I knew that my waist bone is going to break and I didn't want anything like that to happen.
When I reached the cafeteria, I saw Harry sitting by the window that overlooked the main building of Cern. I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He was a little surprised to see me. Usually on Sundays I had my breakfast in my room. But today I wanted to go to the cafeteria amd have my breakfast with everyone.
"Good morning, Angel," Harry smiled. I love the way he calls me Angel and smiles at me. Harry is from London. I really enjoy listening to him talk in his British accent. I smiled back and sat down beside him.
"What are you observing so carefully outside Harry?" I asked.
"I was just enjoying the beauty of the place. And I forgot to wish you at midnight. I thought you must be in profound sleep. Didn't want to wake you up from your sweet dreams. Happy birthday, Angel." Harry beamed with delight. I was surprised that he remembered my birthday. We have been working together for 7 months now. Harry and I have become very good friends from being just colleagues.
"Thanks. But where's my gift?" I asked like a child does to its parents.
"Its a surprise Angel. Wait till the evening." He teased me.
"Harry, I hate surprises. Please tell me," I tried to sound as childish as possible.
"Sonia, have patience girl." Harry replied in a casual voice. I didn't ask him any further questions.
I couldn't wait for the evening. If Harry has planned a surprise for me then it better be good. I ordered myself pancakes and a black coffee. We started talking about the project again. I stared at him talking to me. I loved the way he talked. His voice seemed to sooth me. I forget all my troubles when I am with him. While I was staring at him my phone rang. It was Ma. I picked it up and excused myself and kept on talking with her. Harry had finished his breakfast and was about to leave. I looked up at him and he mouthed the words evening to me and went out. I looked outside the window and described to Ma the beautiful scenery. I even told her about the surprise Harry had planned. I just wanted the time to pass by as quickly as possible so that I could see my surprise.