My heart is broken....

Its Monday morning, back to work. It feels pathetic. I work for Cern, the European organisation for Nuclear Research. It is the world's largest and most respected centres for scientific research. But I have no peace of mind. I have overworked. I do this on purpose. I can't sleep if I am not tired. When I am tired I don't think of Mayank anymore. Its been ten years. But I still remember our group outing at City Centre. The events of that day keep playing in my mind, probably because it taught me the lesson of my life-never to love anyone again. Love hurts, it always has.
That day was perfect for a outing. I got up late that day. I hadn't slept last night. My thoughts were totally occupied by Mayank. When I woke up it was already half past ten. I hurried into the bathroom and freshened up. Ma made me french toast for breakfast. When the clock stuck 11, my happiness knew no bounds. I put on my new yellow shirt and my narrow jeans. Instead of braiding my hair I decided to make a ponytail. I kept my hair open and asked Baba to give me some money.
While I was putting on my wedges Mayank called me to know where I was. I told him that I was on my way. When I reached City Centre, I rang him up to tell him that I was standing in front of Inox. He told me to stand there and wait. I waited for half an hour but he didn't come. I rang him again. This time a girl picked up. She said that she was Mayank's girlfriend and that he won't go to City Centre. I begged her to let me talk with him. But she refused. I then understood who she was, she was the girl from QMS, Priyanka. Everyone was right. Mayank was a liar. He never told me about her even though I asked him a million times. I was heartbroken. I felt my throat becoming tight. I wanted to scream out of frustation but I didn't. I was just about to leave when I saw my friends approaching me. I wiped up my tears. I tried to smile as best as I could. We all went to Hangout for lunch. They all talked but I couldn't say a word. I just remained silent. Kritika amd Siddarth were laughing amd joking among themselves. Seeing them I felt a sudden pain in my chest. I had left from there without telling them anything. I had cried too much that day.
As I combed my hair I again felt the same emotions again which I had felt ten years ago. Suddenly my phone rang. It was Harry. Harry and I were collegues. We were working together on maintaining antihydrogen for more than 15 minutes. Harry's voice always cheered me up. I jerked off my thoughts and picked up the phone.
"Hi. We have a meeting in ten minutes. Sonia, hurry up," Harry said nervously.
"Yeah on my way babe." i tried to sound cheerful. I disconnected the call and ran to the garage. It is going to be another hectic day.