The unexpected question

I was really excited about we friends meeting up after ICSE. We had made up a plan for a group outing. Unfortunately it seemed that eventually we had to cancel it because no one had time. Those had time were just pretending that they don't have time to go. I created a group on whatsapp and added everyone. My phone kept on vibrating with continuous messages from my friends. Sometimes I hate to call them my friends. They wanted to meet up but were pretending. Kabir was amgry, he was trying to convince everyone to come. Kritika and Siddharth kept on nagging each other. They are in a relationship. If Siddharth refused to go then Kritika won't come too. I was frustrated by their behavior.
I was talking to Mayank. He is from CBS. I met him in my biology tuition. Since then I have developed a small liking for him. My friends who read in QMS had already told me that he had a girlfriend named Priyanka. But I don't know why I feel a strong attraction towards him. Maybe he also feela the same way about me.
I was chatting with him on whatsapp the night before we all had planned to go to City Centre. I told him how I was being made a fool because my whole group was pretending about meeting up. Suddenly he popped the most unexpected question. He asked me whether I would include him in the group or not. I felt my heart skip a beat. I desperately wanted to meet with him after ICSE and there was my chance knocking at my door. Without thinking for another second I replied him that of course he could join us. We were to meet in front of Inox at 12 o' clock. He asked me whether I would like to watch Despicable Me 2 with him. I just wanted to go with him. So I said yes without a thought. That night I couldn't sleep peacefully. I just dreamt of us being together. I even prayed to God that everything turns out well. I hoped that Mayank may also have the same excitement as I was havimg. I just couldn't wait for Monday to come.