"So, be it."

            ***

Zade Andrei

            "You look tired." Narinig ko ang boses ni Sam sa likod ko. Dahan dahan akong pumihit paharap sa kanya at ngumiti. She was in a simple silk nightgown and it was billowing in the air.

I reached for her and gave her a tight hug. Pakiramdam ko ay hindi pa rin siya ligtas, pakiramdam ko ay habambuhay akong matatakot na baka may umagaw sa kanya uli. My hand gently touched her cheek, and traced her skin. It made its way down her throat and into the gold necklace that hung around her neck.

            She is wearing our supposed-to-be wedding ring now, it is my assurance, our assurance. Para kami sa isa't isa. Lalaban kami para manatiling ganoon.

            "You should be sleeping, mi Dulcinea," I whispered as I stared at her. A kind of calm settled over my chest as I laced my fingers on her soft black hair.

            "Ikaw din dapat tulog na. Naalimpungatan ako tapos pagkapa ko sa kama wala ka."

            "Nagpapahangin lang." She stared at the tattoos again, and traced the outline of the rose. Her mouth was gently parted as she did so.

            Sweet fuck, I thought. She's killing me.

            Hindi niya alam kung ano ang hatid sa akin nang ginagawa niya. I want to devour her right at this very minute, right on my balcony. I would rip that nightgown off of her and caress her soft skin, I closed my eyes and exhaled. One heavy breath after another.

            "I can't wait for tomorrow," she admitted. Her hand receded and I was able to take normal breaths again. I looked at her face and touched her scar. Her skin is cold against my touch.

            "We'll give you justice."

            "I hope it comes swiftly."

            Bukas ay may bibisitang pulis dito para sa criminal sketch. That William will be all over the news at hindi siya makakatakas. He will get captured and I will slaughter him like a pig. Isusunod ko ang doktor na si Bernardo Aldeguer II. Justice for Sam will be served. Their lives won't be spared. Hell will open to welcome their souls.

            "Does he still bother you in your dreams?" I asked Sam and she shook her head.

            "No, the only person bothering me in my dreams now is you." She smiled, a little sheepish. My sweet Dulcinea. I cupped her face and chuckled.

            "Really?"

            "Yes," she murmured, and I smiled.

            "What was I doing in your dreams?"

            "Nasty things." She blushed. Her cheeks instantly turned crimson, and I could see it through the faint yellow light from our bedroom. "You were doing..." Her breath became ragged, so I pushed myself toward her, our chest an inch apart.

            "Doing what?" I mumbled on her ear as I gave it a playful bite. She gasped. "What was I doing, Sam?" I pressed.

            She was almost breathless. I love my effect on her. I love how excited she seemed.

            "Things like?" I asked softly as I kissed her scar. I kissed her lip too but I let go quickly, with a gentle tug on the lower lip. I pulled myself away and started to twerk in the sexiest way I can and she erupted into laughter.