Dead New World

Gangs took over the cities, and plan taking over the world. The Black Crow gang, and The Lost Blood gang, the two biggest gangs in the whole world are now fighting for power, and overall control. The government was overpowered, and corrupted. Those who enforced the law had to choose a gang, or they faced execution. This has been going on for over 35 years. Nothing's going to change. Kids have grown up thinking this how the world was, and should be. Parents are threatened, and forced to choose a gang for their kids to grow up in. Their children were lucky if they lived after 20-25 years. My parents William and Sarah Kaniel were brutally murder for keeping me hidden from the two rival gangs. I was kept hidden for 18 years, protected from this war. I'm Alison Kaniel, I'm 18 years old. I've been raised with a clear idea of right and wrong. So, you can imagine how shocked I was once I saw the outside world.
But first, let's rewind to how everything started.
"Mom!" I yelled throwing all my clothes out of the closet.
"Alison?!" My mom dashed inside my room, out of breath.
"Mom, I can't find my black boots."
"Alison..." She said taking a breath. "You scared me." She sighed.
"Sorry," I apologized. "Have you seen my black boots?"
"I threw them away. Your father and I thought you need new ones, after all it is your 18th birthday." She hugged me.
"You're buying me new ones?" I hugged her back. "Can I go with you?"
Mom stopped hugging me and looked at me blankly. "Alison, you know it's dangerous out there." She warned me.
"I know, but I never go out." I whined.
"No. You don't understand what is like out there. Stay home. Your father and I are leaving okay?And don't go out you hear me? " She looked at me seriously.
"Yeah mom." I sighed. It was always like this. I tried leaving the house but never was allowed. But I'm 18 now, I'm an adult.
I watched my mom and dad get in the car, and leave the house. I watched the car disappear.
At that time I didn't know what I was thinking when I got out of the house. I didn't know the dangers I was facing. I lived my life under a locked key. I just wanted to be free. But I couldn't have been more ignorant.
I got out the house, took some money and left a paper on the table hoping my parents won't kill me when they read it. As I walked away, I could feel the distance between the house and I growing. I saw a nearby store, a bar.
I walked in, men were cheering, and laughing, they were surrounded by beautiful women. The smell of vodka, and whiskey was strong and disturbing.
"I haven't seen you around-d." A man who clearly had been drinking approached me.
"It's my first time here." I stepped away.
"How come?" He stepped closer. "I mean, everyone comes here."
"I don't go out much." I said with a slight unease in my voice.
"What gang do you belong to?" He looked at me seriously.
"G-gang?" I stuttered.
"Are you a Black Crow or a Lost Blood?" He glared.
"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I said confused.
"What?" He said widening his eyes. "How can you not know?" He said loud enough for everyone to turn and look at us.
"What is it to you?" I said regaining my posture.
"What is it to me?" He chuckled. Then he took out his gun, and pointed it at me."Tell me what gang you belong to" he curses.
Cities are not run by the government anymore. Gangs have taken over, that means there is no law, nor police officers to protect you. This is why people join gangs. This is how they are protected from other gangs.
"I-" I said before I was interrupted.
"Leave her alone Mike." A man stepped between the gun and I.
He looked like he was in his early 20's. He was tall, 6'4, muscular yet skinny. He had dark brown eyes, and dark brown hair.

 He had dark brown eyes, and dark brown hair