35.

[hey its me im not dead

this is gonna one of those not texting chapters ok]

it was 4 in the morning, when brendon woke up to jon hovering over him. strangley, brendon didn't find this alarming. in fact, he was disappointed that jon had chose this hour to wake him.

"jon, you fucking dildo, what do you want."

"i'm here to surprise you."

"do i have to call the police on you, jon. do you really want this."

"just get up, asshole." jon smirked. brendon groaned, and got up. it was spring break, for crying out loud! why the hell would jon be doing this?

"hey jon," brendon whispered, going down his stairway, "i don't mean to sound rude, but where the fuck are you taking me?"

"dude, i told you, its a surprise. don't get your panties in a knot, princess."

"jokes on you, i'm not wearing panties." brendon bit his lip as he stepped outside. it was early, so of course it would be cold. oh well. at least he could speak in a normal tone of voice from now on.

"jon seriously, if this is a prank, i swear-"

"dude, could you calm your fuck?" jon hissed. brendon sighed.

"i should've worn shoes, damn it. my feet are freezing." brendon complained.

"shut up."

"and a jacket. i'm cold as frick!"

"stop."

"but wait. maybe if you gave me more time, or, better yet, woke me up at a decent hour, i wouldn't have to deal with being cold."

"dude, you sound like spencer."

"what does that mean?!"

"it means you need to stop complaining." jon huffed, halting suddenly. he looked around. "yeah, we're close. okay, now you really need to shut up."

"you can't tell me what to do."

"actually, yes i can. i'm older than you."

"no!" brendon raised his voice. jon turned around to shush him, before continuing to walk. brendon was getting more and more confused as they continued to walk. suddenly, he saw a whole bunch of apartment buildings. ah, so he was going to jon's place, considering this is where he lived.

"are you throwing a lil surprise party for me?" brendon smiled.

"well, sort of." jon shrugged. brendon just giggled, before reaching jon's door. jon looked back at brendon. "you ready?"

"yes."

jon opened the door, to reveal all of their friends, sitting around.

dallon, ken, spencer, sarah, ryan-

wait, ryan?!

brendon opened his mouth, as if to say something, but couldn't find the words. everybody was staring at him, smiling, knowing that he should be happy to see ryan again. instead, tears flooded his eyes.

"holy shit." brendon whispered, wiping his eyes. ryan got up from his seat, and walked over to brendon, who was frozen. ryan kissed brendon's forehead, as he wrapped his arms around his neck.

"hey, baby boy."

"holy shit." brendon repeated, wrapping his arms around ryan's waist, and resting his head on his chest. "i can't believe this."

"i missed you too." ryan laughed, as his boyfriend was smiling so wide. ryan really did miss him. he missed seeing the way brendon smiled so brightly, like this. he missed how he smelt, and how soft his skin was. he missed all of that.

"holy shit, this is gay." sarah whispered to ken, unable to hide her smile as she saw her number one ship interacting.

"i knooooow." ken squealed.

"i- holy shit, this is really happening, i- i don't know what to say." brendon stuttered.

"thats okay though." ryan smiled. "you wanna go sit down?"

"yes, please." brendon sighed, putting dramatic emphasis on the word 'please.' so they did, with brendon curled into a little ball, sitting on ryan's lap.

"now, i don't mean to steal the spot from ryden-" ken started.

"fuck off." brendon interrupted.

"thank you, brendon. but, as i was saying, i have an announcement." everyone was looking at ken, with dallon looking around, smiling, knowing whats going to happen. ken couldn't contain their grin. "well, as you know, i've identified as aromantic in the past. but, i've finally figured out, that's changed. i'm now demiromantic."

"yes! kenny!" spencer cheered.

"and, i'm also dating dallon." ken looked right at dallon as they said that. everybody was now excited.

"holy shit dude!" jon cheered.

"i know!" ken jumped.

"thats great!" ryan complimented, with brendon smiling at the new couple.

"you guys are so cute! what the hell!" sarah clapped, thinking about how she may change her number one ship from ryden to this. probably not, but its still worth a thought.

"wait," spencer thought out loud, causing everyones attention to go on them, "how does breezy feel about this?"

"well, i mean, we're still friends, so it shouldn't really-"

"i actually fucking love this idea!" breezy shouted, bursting in.

"where did you come from? how did you know where i live?" jon squinted.

"no time for questions, fuck boy." breezy spoke, making her way to ken. "ken, this is really super duper cute!! i'm so glad you and dall are dating!! this is so great!! theres so much love in this room right now!!" breezy smiled, jumping excitedly.

ken smiled. "thank you, breezy."

for the rest of the night, everybody talked about ryan, and kenny and dallon. except brendon, who fell asleep in ryan's lap. ryan didn't want to move him because he looked so cute, so instead of moving him, when the time came, he just fell asleep. it was actually strangely comfortable.

the next morning, brendon was the first to wake up. sarah slept on the table, breezy was on the floor, kenny was snuggled up with dallon on the couch, and jon and spencer were nowhere to be seen. probably in jon's room.

he forgot ryan was there, but he soon realized when he heard a snore above his head. he looked up to see ryan, fast asleep. brendon smiled, and placed a kiss to his jaw line.

"i love you." brendon spoke quietly, not expecting to get a response. "i'm really glad you're back."

besides the 19 missed calls from his mom, asking where he was, the rest of the day went pretty good.

--

hey so sorry for not updating at all recently, but i've been sleeping, which is more important to me than writing tbh.

i'll definitely update more when school starts again.

but hey!! ryden + whatever the fuck the ship name for ken n dallo are!!! (i know, i should know this. but i don't)

but ye sorry if its ur notp that sucks 4 u

also sorry if this chapter is long af

goodbye frens