The Right Arm

You were talking with Minho, Newt, Fry and Indie.

"Do you trust him?" Minho asks, nodding his head downward towards Aris. The 5 of you climbed up a few rocks surrounding the camp, you didn't realise how high up you were until you looked down at Aris. He was talking to the two girls who brought you here, Harriet and Sonya.

"I do," Fry said and called out to Aris and waved, Aris replied by waving and saying "Hey guys!"

You tuned out of their convosation, Thomas was with Brenda and Callie was with Jorge as far as you knew.

You looked up at your boyfriend who was sitting beside you with his arm lazily slung around your waist, he was perfect, you realised you were so lucky to have him, after everything you two and the group have been through, you hoped that this would be the end to all the crazy things you've had to do, you hoped you never had to deal with WCKD again.

You decided you wanted to go for a walk, you stood up and Minho grabbed your hand before you could turn, "Where are you going?"

You replied, "Just for a walk, I'll be back soon. "

You turned away and stuck your hands in your pockets.  You began to wonder if you'll ever have a future, a happy future, a happy ending. Will you ever meet your parents? Will you ever have kids? Or will you die before all that happens.

"Hey!" A familiar voice breaks you out of your thoughts. It was Callie. You smile warmly and link arms with her and keep walking.

"So what do you think of this place?" Callie asks, you smile at her curiosity.

"I think it's gonna be good for us, even with all the moving, we'll be fighting against WCKD, we'll get our revenge."

She just nods along to your words, listening carefully. She leads you over to sit with her on a rock, you hadn't really noticed where you wandered off to, you were on a cliff with a view of the scorch. From up here, it looked quite nice, all the land leading up to blinking lights of what's left of civilisation.

"Would you go back?" Callie asked, looking off into the scorch.

"Where?"

"To WCKD."

You look at her like she's lost her mind, "No! Why would I do that?"

"Do you remember what happened before you went in the maze?"

"No, only bits. Why are you asking such weird questions Callie? Are you okay?"

"I remember what happened. I remember my family. Do you remember your family?" She turns to you, a single tear sliding down her cheek.

"No, but I've met my brother, I don't even know if he's my brother, anyway I've told you this. What's wrong? You're starting to scare me." You speech quickened and you shifted to face her.

"I watched my mother, father and little sister all grow insane, I watched the Flare take them away from me. My father was the first. One day he started coughing, coughing so much throughout the day that by nightfall he was coughing blood," more tears were falling down her face, her grip tightened around your wrist, but you didn't pull away. "Everyday my mum would bring him tea to soothe his throat, but he got worse, his eyes started to change, he had black veins in the corners of his eyes. Then I noticed my sister wouldn't stop scratching at her hair. I told her I would look at it for her, but when I pulled her hair away, all of her scalp was scabs, when I drew my hands away, her hair came out of her head. She told me not to scream. Then she reached under her pillow and pulled out my dads gun. I didn't even know she knew where it was. And then she shot herself, (Y/n). My 11 year old sister shot herself," your heart pace quickened, you let a tear roll down your cheek, "my mum killed my dad, because he was too sick. She asked other people to do it because she didn't want to kill her husband, but nobody would. She used the same gun my sister had used to kill herself. That night she started to hallucinate, she screamed for days, but one day, she came out of her room and she walked out the front door, kissed me on the forehead and told me she loved me, then walked away. She had no food or water, she just walked away. That's when I gave myself to WCKD, because I knew I was immune."