To the Mountains

It seemed like the mountains were getting further and further away. The group had stopped underneath fallen debris for a break and shade from the burning sun.
Winston had to be carried since he lost energy to stand.
Your throat and mouth were completely dry, you ached to have a big gulp of water, but you were already half way through your bottle. You had also been slowly making your way through eating the dried fruit and nuts you found.
You were currently sitting next to Callie, she passed you half a slice of only slightly stale bread, you and her had shared food since the start.
"How much longer do you think?" Callie questioned.
"Only a couple more days. " you replied.
"But it still looks so far away."
"I know, hopefully we can make it."
Callie looks over at you, "(Y/n), I need to tell you something."
A loud crack signalled a gunshot from behind you. You jumped at the sudden ear splitting sound and ran to the source. It had been Winston.
"Winston what the hell?" Cries from all over the group shouting at him to stop.
Fry swooped in and stole the gun from Winston's grasp.
When Winston turned over you could see that he had bled through the bandages. You knelt down and whispered to him that you are going to take a look. He had blue and purple veins crawling around his face and forearms. You untied the blood soaked bandages to see his stomach filled with the same veins as his face, but his stomach was moving. You peeled your eyes away and tears filled them.
Winston grabbed your wrist, "Don't let me become one of them, please."
Newt took the gun from Frypan and slowly knelt down and gave it to Winston. You gave Winston one last look. "Thank you" he had whispered to Newt, Newts eyes saddened.
"Go" Winston croaked out.
The group got there things and started trudging through the sand, you were in front of  Minho and behind Callie.
The gunshot rang out through the scorch filling the silence. Everyone stopped. You looked up at Minho, his face had saddened even more at the noise.  You took a step forward and placed a hand on his waist. He turned his head even more to the side to give you a sideways glance. He put his hand on top of yours and squeezed. Only a small gesture, but telling each other that your here for one another.

The group picked up the pace once we got onto flat ground.
The mountains were only 2 more days walk, 1 day if you ran.
It was getting dark so everyone decided to call it a night.
Minho took your hand and laced his fingers in yours, he led you over to the outside were everyone was going to sleep.
He pulled you down with him as he sat.
"How are you?" You asked.
"Okay."  You gave him a long hard stare.
"You shouldn't be okay, " you whispered, "you just lost one of your Gladers, your friends. You shouldn't be okay."
He pulled your hand up to his lips and kissed it, "I'm not okay." He admitted.
After a long silence Minho said, "I love you."
Your heart jumped and you looked up at your boyfriend. After you stare at him you lean forward and connect your lips with his.
You break off the long kiss and whisper, "I love you too"
He lets out a breath of relief.
You both lay down facing each other, "Where do we go now?" You say.
"To the mountains," he replies and puts an arm around your waist so your head is on his chest again. You fell asleep instantly.