Ray's trouble.

I looked at the street sign. 

"Jersey" is what it said. Ray..Ray..Ray. Poor.. Poor Ray. I whispered to myself. It was dark as far as the eye could see. I put the car in park... right on the street corner, watching my surroundings carefully. 

A dark figure ran up to the car and my heart jumped. I felt better to see that it was just Ray. I rolled the window down about an inch. If he was going to die...It was going to be JUST him dying. "You got the money?" Ray asked, out of breathe. "Hand me 10 hundreds." he said. 

I reached in my purse where the box was placed & opened it, counting ten of the hundreds, which laid inside. With the money in my hand, I rolled the window down a few more inches, and placed it into Raymond's hands. "Get down" he ordered as he ran off. I got under the passenger seat as told and was there for about 5 minutes until Ray was back at the door asking to be let in. 

I got back up, taking my place in the driver's seat and let him in. He sat down, again out of breathe. "What was that about?" I questioned Ray as I pushed on the gas. "i owed some money to some people and they wanted it now. I was gone be in a lot of trouble if you hadn't have answered the phone. But Stacey can't know about this.. OK?" I felt guilt just at the thought of lying to my best friend. I promised him and we drove away..into the dark night.

We were back at Stacey's house at exactly 5:43. Raymond ran back up to Stacey's room to go to sleep. But tomorrow was the competition so I needed to get ready for practice. I ran up the stair case which led to a hallway, with a bathroom at the end of it. The bathroom was right near Stacey's parent's room but they were away on a trip. I went into the bathroom with a face cloth and a towel, ready to handle my hygiene. I hurried, because I had to practice with Marco at 7. 

When I was done showering, I wrapped in a towel and headed to Stacey's room to borrow an outfit. Stacey and Raymond were on the bed asleep. They looked so stupid, I laughed. 

I searched through Stacey's closet until I found the most stylish and comfortable outfit known to man, then quickly trotted back to the bathroom where I got dressed.