Something New

The car ride was silent, and it was just Marco and I in the car because after Stacey told me to talk to Marco, she ran off with Raymond. Ray was Stacey's boyfriend, I never really liked him but he was good for Stacey .

I figured that I was dropping him off home, so when I knew I was close, I asked "what street do I need to turn on?" But Marco replied that he wanted to go to my house. I hesitated, but I turned around on the road to my house.

When we pulled up to the house, my little brother Jackson was on the porch with a few of his friends and Noel, my other little brother. As we got out the car, I warned Marco about Jackson and Noel, "they are a bit embarrising, and stupid." Marco laughed at my warning and we approached the door.

"Claire's got a boyfriend! Claire's got a boyfriend!" the twins chanted. I was a little embarrassed but all Marco did was blush. "Chill idiots, he's just a friend."

"ohh...k." Jack smirked.

I rolled my eyes, and showed Marco to my room.

"You have a nice room." Marco smiled.

"Thanks."

"Sooooo... I bet you're wondering why I came over." He said, then he handed me one of the flyers for the contest Mr.Huffman had mentioned earlier. I stared at it puzzled, what did this have to do with anything?

"Enter with me." Marco insisted, in kind of a low voice. There was a little ball of happiness jumping inside of me. I agreed, and took him home.