Chapter 23- Suits and Veils

Start from the beginning

“At least she isn’t named after a color.” Terri retorts.

“Before they kill each other what is so great about being The Veil?” Sam asks.

“Well they are the most sought out hackers in the entire world because of their work with Gresdale.” Irene says and I look at her with a raised eyebrow. “We’ve had time to do some research.”

“Anyways I was given that name early on because even when I was starting I could always make someone disappear yet still be there. It’s like having a veil over your eyes, you can still see but you can’t see everything.” I explain. “At least I wasn’t named Fish.”

“There’s a hacker with the code name fish?” Zach asks.

“He always seems to have his target end up somewhere under water.” I answer. “Anyways back to the story my name was like the president’s name in that circle, once they heard it was me they did and told me everything. A man that went by Timothy Meyer was looking for the best of the best in each circle, especially my circle. Apparently he tried to get in contact with me a few times but never succeeded because he didn’t know who I really was. There was also something strange about this guy, his name seemed to ring a bell but I didn’t know what it was. One of the hackers I was talking to said that he was like a celebrity Suit. I didn’t get any more information before it became too risky to be talking so I tried searching him on my own.”

“What did you find?” Tom questioned.

“A nice suburban man with two kids, a homosexual, an infant, and someone in prison.”

“So it was the guy in prison that did this? The kidnappings I mean.” John tried to piece it together.

“See that’s what I thought too but then I thought how could he be looking for a hacker? I checked the date he was arrested and that was the same day the supposed kidnapper was caught.”

“Lemme guess.” Percy piped up. “It wasn’t him.”

“Not by a long shot. He was framed and the real man, kidnapper, and Suit used his name so that they could take the fall. After a few more minutes I found the profile of the Suit, which all are required to have. A little more digging showed that that wasn’t his real name, Maxwell Tate was.”

“What would the now head of Jethro want to do with kidnapping people?” Frank asks confused.

“I can only imagine that he is a part of Lockstar, remember not all of them are like the ones we have met. They could have regular jobs and with Maxwell working at a very high up electronics business that a lot of people use that means they can track down people easily.”

“And now he’s in charge.” Fran starts.

“Just as we got away.” Matt finishes her sentence.

“Ha-ha!” Terri screams. “I was right! A non criminal was right!”

“Congratulations.” Iris muttered sarcastically. “You get the prize of being right about an evil corporation trying to control the world and sell innocent human beings!”

“Sounds like a bad movie plot.” Zach murmurs.

“Tell me about it.” I murmur back.

“So what do we do now?” Matt asks. “Leave?”

“You just got here.” Olivia cried.

“She’s right.” Irene butted in. “Besides you don’t even know what they are planning on doing yet. At least make a plan of attack before rushing out there again.”

We all looked at each other trying to read everyone’s thoughts. It would be nice to stay, but there have always been consequences with us staying in a place too long. Plus we have already been stationary for five days, then again what could a few more hurt?