Chapter 7: Dangerous Liasions Part 2

"I'm itching to kill something." Kol told Rebekah. "What are we waiting for?"

"The mayor cornered me. Give me 15 minutes to lure Matt outside."

"Outside? What's wrong with right here on the stairs? Make a spectacle of it."

"You sound like an idiot, Kol. Mother would kill you if you ruined her party. See you outside."

Damon groaned and he started to wake up. "Easy, buddy." Stefan told him. "Don't want you doing anything stupid."

Damon looked up at his younger brother and vamp sped to him, slamming him into the book shelf. "Where's Elena?

"Exactly where she belongs. Talking with Esther."

"What did you do?"

"Oh, don't blame me. This was all her." He shoved Damon off him. "Right down to the broken neck. You know maybe you should stop being such a controlling dick, Damon."

Damon made 'bitch what' face. "Wait. Hang on. I'm the problem here?"

"You're a liability, brother."

"I'm trying to keep her alive, Stefan."

"Yeah, well, your emotions are getting in the way of our plan."

"My emotions? How is this even happening right now?"

"Maybe because you care too damn much." Stefan said before walking out of the room.

Rebekah was luring Matt outside. "So what are we doing out here?"

"Just taking a break from the polite chitchat."

"It's freezing." Matt laughed. "Let me get my coat." He said walking over to his vehicle.

"This is your car?" Rebekah asked.

"Yep." Matt replied opening the door to his truck. He pulled his coat out, the closed the door. "If I could compel my self a Maserati, I would. But I can't." He then put his coat around Rebekah.

Rebekah smiled at the gesture. "Oh, I'm a vampire. We don't--" She stopped as she saw his face. "Thanks." They stood for a moment. Them Rebekah began to look around. "Let's go back inside. I've got all the fresh air I need." Matt followed Rebekah, not knowing that Kol was standing a ways behind them.

"So how was our mother?" Sam asked as her and Elijah approached Elena. Granted Sam still hated the doppelgänger but she was more curious about what her mother was up too.

Elena sighed looking. "Intense."

"And for what reason did she need to speak with you in private?" Elijah asked grabbing a two drinks from near by, handing Elena one.

Elena watched Esther to see her glance in her direction.

"Elena. Should I be concerned about my mother's intentions?"

"She just wanted to apologize for trying to have me killed." Sam looked at Elena questionably.

"So it's true then?" Sam asked. "She's forgiven Klaus?" Elijah finished.

"It's true." The siblings stared at the doppelgänger, and she stared back.

A sound dings like a crystal, someone obviously hitting there glass for everyone's attention.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Waiters are coming round with champagne. I invite you all to join me in raising a glass. It provides me with no greater joy, than to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening." Esther smiled. "Cheers."