Chapter 6: Dangerous Liasions Part 1

Okay so I totally forgot that Stefan and Elena aren't together. Last chapter they were together. But let's just keep going. And I'm so sorry to those who are still reading. I'm never really on here anymore. With school and work, I've been super busy and never really have time to get on here anymore. I was thinking about deleting my stories, but then that wouldn't be fair to the people who actually like them. And again I'm sorry for not being active and posting.
_______________________________

Gilbert House
"It was their mother, Esther, who was sealed in that coffin." Elena told the Salvatore brothers.

"As in the Original witch?" Stefan asked.

"What? How is she even alive? I thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago." Damon said.

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple of connections in the witching community." Elena sighed. "Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan said.

"Yeah, well, not anymore. At least not according to Elijah."

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds."

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon chimed in.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us."

"But does that go for Sam? I mean she isn't really their sister." Stefan said.

"But Stefan can take care of that. I mean you are all cozy with her, so just ask her." Damon said smartly.

Stefan rolled his eyes. "Yeah, we're not on the best terms. So that's not an option."

The doorbell rings.

"I believe him." Elena says then heads to the door.

Elena opens the door to see no one there. She looks down and there's a letter in fancy writing that has her name on it. She picks it up in confusion. Turns around closing the door and Stefan and Damon walk up.

"What is it?" Damon asks.

"It's an invitation." Elena says opening it. "Please join the Mikaelson Family this evening at 7 O'Clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebration."

"Who the hell are the Mikaelson's?" Stefan asked.

"The Original Family."

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town. Now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon says.

Elena flips the card over and sees the back. "Wait. There's a note on the back." "Elena I think it's time we finally meet.... Esther."

Sam's POV

We were sitting in the living room getting ready for mother's party. Kol was standing in the mirror looking at himself. "Rebekkah. Tell me how handsome I am." He said admiring himself.

"Conceded much." I said flipping through a magazine lazingly. While Rebekkah said the same comment I told him last night. "Kol you know I can't be compelled."