♒ 13: Fever

Chapter 13.

I'm now standing in front of the big gate of the Yamaguchi Mansion. I took a deep breath before pressing the doorbell.

What if Akira's parents are here? Will they be mad at me for the things that I said back at the hospital? I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. Of course, they'll be mad at me. Maybe going to Akira's house was a bad idea.

I turned around and decided to just run away. But before I could go any further, a maid opened the gate and said, "Sir Tachibana?"

"Y-Yes?"

"Madam Akira has been expecting you. Please come inside. And she also said that she knows you're trying to get away from her."

I frantically looked around, in search for some hidden cameras and found one near the gate. I sighed in defeat and went inside their mansion. I was honestly surprised at how elegant their mansion is. The whole place screams "RICHPEOPLELIVEHERE!" (Figuratively, of course.)

The mansion was so big that it actually took us more than five minutes to reach Akira's room. Even if the maid didn't really say that that room belongs to Akira, anyone with a brain can guess that it's hers. The door was painted a deep shade of red, unlike the other doors in the mansion which are color brown. And it was also filled with different designs of stickers that say one thing, "KEEP OUT."

The maid bowed and left me alone. Before I could knock, I already heard Akira say, "Come in!"

Does Akira have some special powers or something?

I opened the door and saw a typical movie scene unfold in front of me. Have you ever watched a movie or a show where the main character enters someone's office and when they open the door, the boss turns around while sitting on his/her swivel chair, strokes his cat and says, "I've been expecting you."

Well, Akira actually re-enacted the same thing. She's turn around while sitting on her scarlet swivel chair, stroked her teddy bear and said, "I've been expecting you, bigboy."

I stood there with my mouth agape. Akira laughed and said, "Damn! I've always wanted to do that! Awesome, huh?"

I smiled. "Yeah. You'd make a pretty good actress," I joked.

She stood up and pulled me to her room. I tensed up at her touch. "Akira, why are you so hot?"

"Sorry, but I couldn't really help it. It's part of my existence," she said with a wink.

"No, I mean you're literally hot." I touched her forehead and was shocked when I felt how hot she is. "Akira! You have a fever!"

"Well, duh. I already know that, of course."

"Then why didn't you tell me earlier?!" I huffed. This time, I was the one who pulled her and made her lie down on her bed. I covered her with her blanket and said, "Geez. Did you even drink some medicine?"

"Nope. Not a single living soul in this mansion knows that I have a fever except you."

I ruffled my hair in annoyance.  "What are you thinking?! Why didn't you tell your parents?!"

Akira shrugged. "They wouldn't even care anyway. That's why I called you. I want you to take care of me because it seems that that's what you do best."

I was taken aback for a moment. Is Akira actually warming up to me? Wow.

I couldn't help but smile. "I don't really have a choice, do I?"

Akira smirked. She pulled me down until our faces were mere inches apart. I had to use my arm as support so that I wouldn't crush her.

"Of course not," she whispered.

13: End

1:11 PM, 5/26/2014

Unedited :) Pardon the mistakes HAHAHA.