Chapter Nine - Yes

The room was empty except for a few chairs scattered around the room, and the only light was coming from a window. He was sitting on one of the chairs, his back to the door, looking out the window to an evening light. 

Jacob didn't seem to notice that I was in the room, so I cleared my throat. He quickly stood up and turned around, running a hair through his hair. When he saw me, his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. 

"Jacob," I said. "What the heck is going on."

He stared at me, stunned,  before stumbling over an explanation. "Well, I - There was this girl, Anne. And there was you. And I didn't - It was confusing - I wanted to meet her - I didn't understand -" Jacob sighed, and before I knew what was happening he was pulling me into his arms and holding me close, resting his head on mine. "Everything finally makes sense now," he whispered.

I just stood there, letting him hug me. I didn't understand why he was, but I wasn't complaining. "Jacob," I said into his shirt. "I am very confused right now." 

He pulled away from the hug and held me at arms length, searching my eyes while I searched his. Finally he sighed and dropped his hands. "Right," he said. "You better sit down." 

Jacob started from the beginning, telling me how he noticed my account and started paying more attention to me. How he started to get feelings for me the more he read my comments or posts. He explained how he planned on meeting me and that was part of the reason why he joined MAGCON. Then he talked about how when he met the actual me he already felt like he knew me in some ways, and had feelings for me almost instantly. He explained that the past few days have been very confusing for him. 

"And that's why it all makes sense now," he said. "Because you are Anna. So it wasn't instant love, the love was already there." 

I smiled. "Did you just say you love me?"

Blush started to crawl up his cheeks. I was getting ready for him to deny it, to say that he didn't mean what he just said. But then, in the faintest of whispers, "Yes."

I sucked in a breath. This is not happening. I'm dreaming, I have to be. Jacob Sartorius can not love me. This is unreal. 

I looked up at him - his red cheeks, his fluffy hair, his hazel eyes - and the realness of this moment hit me like a brick wall, slamming a smile onto my face.

"I love you too," I said. 

He looked at me, and I knew for sure that he loved me right then, I could see it in his eyes. He smiled a smile of pure joy and pulled me to him, making our lips meet. 

This time, Jacob was not as shy as before. This kiss was fire and love and everything in between. He sat down on a chair and pull me with him, sitting me onto his lap. Jacob's hands came up to cup my cheek, and as I was winding my hand through his perfect fluffy hair, we heard someone clear their throat. 

Jacob and I sprang apart like we burnt each other. I turned around and saw Cameron in the doorway, styling a huge amused grin that he'd probably be wearing for the rest of the night. "Sorry for interrupting," he said. "But it's time for Jacob to go back on stage." 

I nodded, my lips feeling too numb to form words. I licked them, to make sure they were still there. Cameron laughed. "I'll entertain them while you guys say good-bye," he said, then left and closed the door behind him. 

"What do we do now," I said to Jacob. "I live in Pennsylvania and you live in Virginia." I made a sad sound and looked down at my feet. "We're never going to make this work." 

Jacob walked over to me and gently pulled my chin up so my eyes met his. "I'm not going to let that happen, Ellie. I promise you we can make this work." He cupped my cheeks in his hands and kissed my on the forehead. "Give me you're phone," he said.

"What," I asked, confused. "Why?'

"I have something for you," Jacob said. I put in my password and handed him my phone. He opened something and typed on it in silence, then handed it back to me. 

When I looked down at my phone, I saw he had contacts open, and that I had a new one. It was Jacob's phone number, but instead of having Jacob as his contact name, he put his name instead as SEXY in all caps with fire and heart emojis around it. 

I smiled, and so did Jacob. He kissed me quickly on the lips before heading to the door. "Text me," he said, smiling. 

"I will," I said. He pulled the door shut behind him. "Have fun Sexy," I yelled, and heard him laugh loudly as he made his way to his fans.