Chapter Two - Same Hotel?!

Two weeks later, I was walking into a hotel in New York. The MAGCON Tour will start near here tomorrow in three days, and we're planning on staying here until then. My one friend, Lanie, is staying in this hotel for the tour too, but she wants to come to see Cameron Dallas. She thinks Jacob is okay, but she's obsessed with Cameron... like I'm obsessed with Jacob. I'm really good friends with her brother, Andrew, too. 

I hang out at Lanie's house a lot, so I got to become good friends with Andrew as well. I kind of think about us as a little family, when we're together. Andrews like my big brother, and Lanie's like my sister. I love them to bits.

I walked over to their hotel room, right next to mine, and knocked on their door. "Hey, guys, lets go check this place out."

 I heard the shower water running inside, and it took a couple seconds before Andrew opened the door and said, "Lanie is taking a shower, but you and me can go." 

I looked up at him as he walked out into the hallway and closed the door. Andrew was fifteen, and I was fourteen, so you'd think there wouldn't be much of a height difference, but then you'd think wrong. I'm very small, only 4'10, and Andrew is very tall, being 5'8 already. 

"Wait," I said. "I don't want to leave without Lanie." Lanie must have heard me because she yelled from inside, "You guys go a head. I wanted to unpack first anyway." 

"Alright, lets go," I said. Walking down the hallway in a random direction.

Andrew followed behind me as he said, "Do you even know where your going?"

"Nope," I replied, turning a corner.

Andrew laughed. "Of course you don't."

We made our way down to the first floor and found a pool, an arcade and a weight training room. Alex is on the football team back at home, so he knows how to work all the equipment. He insisted we stopped there and worked out a little because he hasn't done it in a while.

I agreed half halfheartedly, not really wanting to work out right now, but not knowing anything else better to do. After about a half an hour of me running on the treadmill (I'm on the track team), I my stomach started growling.

"Hey, do have any cash on you? I want to go to the vending machine down the hallway." Andrew put down the bar he was lifting and handed me a five.  

"Get me a snickers bar," he said. That was his favorite candy. 

"Obviously," I said, smiling. He smiled back before going back to working out. 

As I round the corner to the vending machine, I did a double take. Standing not two feet away from me was Jacob Sartorius. He was standing in a four person line and wearing a blue and black striped shirt with khaki pants. I looked down at myself. I was wearing a sweaty jacket over a sweaty tank top with old leggings. The leggings didn't look that bad, but my shirts looked horrible and smelled bad.

Then I remembered that I had an extra jacket with me outside the training room. I bolted down the hallway, quickly took of my ratty grey sweater and put on my track jacket, and then ran straight back to the corner. 

The first person in line was just leaving, and Jacob was still there. I walked up behind him, acting casual - not knowing what to say or to say anything at all. 

Finally, he was first in line. It felt awkward when it was just he two of us there, so for something to do I decided to get my money out, but when I reached into my pocket it wasn't there. It was only five dollars, but then I'd be standing here looking like an idiot when it was my turn.

I turned around in a slight panic, seeing if I dropped it on the floor... and elbowed Jacob in the face.