Complicated

Title: Complicated.

Rating: PG.

Pairing: Aleks/Kevin.

Warnings: None.

Notes: Last one in my inbox again. c:

She left him. She had just gone and left him with no one but himself and his thoughts. Aleks couldn’t believe that she could have done something like this to him; he thought he loved her and now? Now he knew he did — because not only did she say it would be different this time but she cheated on him. He couldn’t believe that he had been so stupid as to believe her and that this was really actually happening. He couldn’t believe he fell for the lies that she told him and now here he was, curled up on the bathroom floor. 

The idea of her and what she did had made him sick to his stomach, made him hate himself to the point where he smashed the bathroom mirror. Where he found himself cowering and shaking beside the toilet, nearly about to get sick again, whether it be from the sight of his blood or from what she had did. He refused to say her name because he knew it would hurt worse, it would hurt him even more than what her actions had. He knew that it was because of what he’d been planning to do. The black box in his pocket burned his thigh and made his sobs start up again, clutching himself tightly to keep himself together.

It failed and he found both of his roommates knocking on the door soon, concerned for him and scared of what might be going on. “Aleks?” He heard Eddie call out to him through the wood and he promptly screamed for him to go away. He could almost see the hurt on his best friend’s face and yet, he did what he’d been asked to do. The feet scurrying away and the annoyance that he was sure that Eddie was feeling at him right now. He would apologize to him later but for right now, Aleks just wanted to be alone and wanted to break things. Which maybe was why he had hoped that Kevin would have listened to what he screamed — he had a feeling that he hadn’t though, hearing a small knock on the door again.

"Aleks, please, let me in." He could hear the desperation in his voice and he sighed, standing up. There was no way in hell that he could deny Kevin entry right now, considering how he was always good at listening to him. Listening to everything that he had to say about his problems and the things that plagued him. Aleks pulled the door open, yanked Kevin in, and returned his spot, hardly aware of his hand pounding and the blood that flowed from it. He watched as he took in everything in the room, from the broken glass and bits of blood spatter where the mirror had once been to the man that sat in the corner by the toilet.

Neither of them said anything for a moment, just taking in what they figured the other thought and what had happened. “We should dress that wound.” Aleks didn’t know which wound Kevin meant — his heartache or the one on his knuckles. Regardless, he nodded to him and held his hand out, waiting to be babied. For now, Kevin would have no problem doing that, considering he would always be there for Aleks. Much like Aleks had been there for him when he needed him.