My Weakness

Title: My Weakness.
Rating: PG.
Pairing: Aleks/Kevin.
Warnings: Zilch. Super sappy Aleks, though.

Kevin was his weakness, that was something that Aleks was absolutely sure about. He had fallen so hard and quickly that he hardly knew when it happened. Maybe it was during when they were recording Missioncraft or maybe it happened somewhere between reality and the times that he fell asleep curled up beside him at PAX Prime, having to share the room with him for that time. Of course, had it been any other person, he would have declined climbing into bed with them, knowing that  he should be a big boy and handle his nightmares on his own. But then with Kevin, it seemed right and felt so surreal to curl up with him. He couldn’t deny the worried look that would often cross his face and leave him breathless and desiring to tell him everything. He couldn’t deny Kevin. He was his true and one weakness in the world now.

He didn’t know what to say now though, now when he stood in front of Kevin, dressed in a simple black tuxedo, grinning from ear to ear. They’d known each other for so long and had been together for around two years, that this seemed so simple and natural.  That it just fell so simply into place and he didn’t know what else could be said about it. Kevin was the only person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with and today? Today they would be making that officially possible. Two years and six months in, they were finally getting married; it seemed like forever to Aleks and he was okay with that, because his only forever was right in front of him.

He fumbled through his vows, nervous and unable to breathe as he took in Kevin. Tears often fell from his eyes when he hit a few rough patches in his wording, but the other never faltered. Eloquent and prepared as always, but Aleks knew that later that night, they’d both be crying with one another over how wonderful the day had been. They’d be alone and on their way to their honeymoon destination in Russia, in the place that Aleks never thought he’d be back in again. It seemed too good to be true. Way too good but perfect all the same. 

Then the time came when Aleks was finally able to say the two words that would last them both a lifetime and never be forgotten. “I do.” He grinned, another few tears falling down his cheeks as he glanced at Kevin, watching him say the same words. Prompted to kiss, Aleks leaned toward Kevin, engulfing him in a hug before placing his lips softly against his new husband’s. Carefully and smoothly, he couldn’t help but to feel at home with this man and be more than happy with him now that they were able to be officially together. 

"I love you, Kevin." He murmured softly into his ear once he pulled away, taking his hand in his and looking over the crowd that was filled to the brim. Cheering and crying, their friends clapped for them and the two laughed. They had chosen the right group of friends and they couldn’t have been any happier — with them or with each other. It all seemed so utterly perfect and right that he could hardly believe that this was real. He just knew that Kevin would forever be his weakness now, no matter what happened and no matter how things panned out from there on.