Chapter 29-- Splitting Up (cleaned)

Start from the beginning

I heard Seb’s whimpers as I was engulfed by the smoke and Ivy snatched her hand back so quickly at the feeling of my skin turning ice cold. I knew what I was doing, I knew what this meant.

The Angel Of Death inside me was calling. My wolf howled as my angel growled a demonically low tone of hate. I could feel the wrath wafting off me as Seb changed to his true form at the call of the Angel.

‘’Master.’’ His head bowed low to the ground while Ivy and Paige stood back scared and awe struck.

I looked down at myself floating. Why was I floating? My skin was paler than usual and I could see ripples of black smoke and material slowly detach from my skin and whirl around my body.

‘’Aid. Calm down.’’ Ivana reached for me but a blood curdling scream racked through my system and filled the air, the force so strong it physically pushed Ivy, Paige and whatever other plant or life form was around us, away from me.

‘’ I will go find my mate. You won’t try to stop me. You hear me?’’ A voice that wasn’t mine sounded through my throat.

‘’Aiden fight it!’’ Ivana screamed but it fell on my own deaf ears.

The earth shook beneath them, every tree moved, every animal cried but Ivana and Paige didn’t. I didn’t like it. No. He didn’t like it.

‘’ Did you not hear me!?’’ the same voice coursed through, dripping with the venom of hate, displeasure, distaste and dominance.

‘’Seb stop him.’’ she whispered to Seb but only for him to lift his head and look for my approval.

‘’Cerberus. We’re leaving.’’ My head nodded to Seb and my body slowly fell the few feet back to the ground and with a simple turn of my back and the disappearance of all the things my Angel called forth, Seb and I were off shortly followed by Paige but not Ivana.

Could I be sorry?

No.

I may not have said those things directly but it was exactly what I was feeling. I was sick of playing games, sick of not having my mate, sick of Ivana telling me what to do, sick of death, of hate, of pain, of remorse. But what I was most sick of was what I was becoming.

Could my mate truly love what my Angel was turning me into? Would he still be able to bear the sight of what the fates have left him if I was to become a monster? Darkness, Death, Pain; an Angel of Death.

‘’Have you ever wondered why they are called the Angel of death?’’

I remembered the conversation I had with the Northern Tribe’s elder when she told me what I was.

‘’ You aren’t just a bringer of darkness and death’’

‘’ You are a beautiful part of life’’

‘’ You have a strong caring mate for you out there and he’s looking for you right now. He will be your shoulder to cry on, your helping hand when your hands are full, your lover, your best friend. He will be the one that will be there for you left when no one else will be there.’’

I looked over to my shoulder to see two foxes slowly returning to their pups in a hidden den. How lovely it would be to finally be with my mate like that.

‘’ I’ll come get you. I promise!’’ 

Jayce’s words rung through my head from one of the few nights trapped in Ezra’s cave. He promised me something and I wasn’t ready to let that promise go.