Chapter 14-- The Darkness That Holds My Mate (cleaned)

Jayce's POV

I felt pressure on my head that kept moving like I was being patted. Why am I being pat? Why does it feel so weird? I groggily opened my eyes and was met by my wolf. I sighed in relief that it wasn’t something weird touching my head.

''Jaycen. Get up.'' He growled.

''Why? Where am I?'' I sat up slowly taking in my surroundings and blinking my sleep away.

As usual I was in a forest touched by shades of colour; greens, yellows, blues, reds, whites. This place was always filled with animals, grass and sunlight. Birds always chirping, deer grazing, wolves hunting...but this wasn't real. I have been coming here since I was 16. One day I just woke up here and my wolf showed me around. To say I was freaked out was an understatement.

''Nevermind'' I muttered, knowing very well where I was.

This was a place of secrecy, in the furthest corner of my subconscious. It doesn't have a name in books because I've never heard of anyone else having this experience, but my wolf and I called it 'The Land of Memories'. Stupid name I know but this was the forest I found once by accident when I was a child roaming outside our pack borders. The name seemed fitting seeing as I didn't know the actual forest's name.

''Look.'' he gestured with his face to a place in the distance.

''What?'' I stood and walked towards the direction he pointed.

There was a blackness in the distance...a shadow maybe? I gave my wolf a questioning look. What was he so riled up about?

''It's just some shadows.''

''No. Have you ever seen that much here?''

''Well, no. What is it then?''

''Mate.'' He growled.

That was all I needed to hear. I was off running as fast as I could. Aiden was here! I don't care how, I just want to see him and know he's safe. I could hear my wolf beside me running too. We dodged all the trees, animals and anything else that got in the way, our minds set on our mate.

Once we reached the darkness we stopped dead in our tracks, my wolf sliding a bit but he managed to stop before he entered it. It consumed everything. You couldn't tell the ground from the sky, if there even was one but we saw something white in the distance and ran straight for it.

''Mate.'' We both growled.

Luna's POV

I was beyond sneaking at the moment. Any other day, fine, but not today. I'm sick of being in the dark. I'm sick of Aiden not being here. I'm sick of it all.

I strolled down the stairs and tipped some wolfsbane into my palm. Before the guards could even see it coming I raised the purple powder to my lips and blew it towards them. All they had to do was sniff the air and they instantly dropped to the ground sleeping.

''Hm'' I looked at the powder in awe.

''No wonder it's so expensive and hard to come by.'' I put it back into my pocket and opened the door with a soft press of my thumb to a screen beside the door.

I was met by a similar set up to the underground jail but this was more high tech rather than muscle and metal keeping the prisoners in. There were five cells but they were all computerised by a remote control at the desk near the door. I grabbed the remote and walked towards the far left cell clicking the 'open' button. The door slid across and I stepped in pressing 'close'. The door closed and I set my eyes on two males sitting on the ground, their backs against the far walls corners. One was significantly smaller than the other but both taller than me. They had black hair and both had green-blue eyes but the smaller one's looked more green than blue.

''Where the hell is my brother?'' I growled.

''And your brother would be who exactly?'' The bigger one on the right asked boredly.

''The boy that that disgusting vampire took.'' I snarled.

''I don't recall.'' He sighed and leaned his head back against the wall.

''What about you?'' I snapped to the smaller guy.

''I'm afraid it's slipped my mind.'' He never looked at me once.

I let a low throaty growl slip through my lips before stalking towards the larger guy. I could feel my wolf scratching the surface to take over and my eyes glowing yellow.

''My, I guess big sister is an Alpha, little brother.''

''I guess you're right big brother.'' the smaller one said taking sudden interest.

''Tell me what you know.''

''Tell me, did it hurt watching him get taken?'' The big one stood and tilted his head.

''Haha, big brother I bet she knows why he was taken too.'' the smaller one giggled.

''You might be right little brother.''

I tried to keep my face from showing the sadness, the hurt, the anger, the rage...the truth, but it was hard because I did know the truth. I did. I tried to protect him as a child to keep it a secret but I knew what his destiny was. I could never come to the terms with the pain his life would undoubtedly bring to himself.

''Does it hurt knowing he's going to die soon?''

''To die alone.''

''To die painfully.''

''To die where you can never bring his body back and mourn your loved one properly.''

''Oh that was a good one little brother.''

''Heh thanks'' He giggled while the other pat his head.

''Stop.'' I whispered, all motive to interrogate now gone.

''Oh big brother she's going to cry!'' he yelled with joy.

''Maybe she's realising that right now, her precious baby brother is being told what he is and how his sister never told him. She left him to never know until it was too late. Oh I bet he hates her now.''

''Stop.'' My voice was breaking as I backed away towards the door.

''Boo. You set your own brother up for his death.'' the small one pouted.

My eyes were wide and darting across the ground trying to calculate all my mistakes I made as a child. All the times I could have protected Aiden more.

''I'd never do that to you little brother.'' he cooed to his pouting brother.

''I know you wouldn't big brother. You love me too much.'' he glared at me.

I slid down the wall resting my head in my hands. The little brother leaned down and whispered menacingly in my ear, loud enough for us all to hear.

''She's not even his real sister.''

Aiden's POV

''We'll get back somehow. We've just got to wait.'' I whispered.

''Yeah, just wait.'' I reassured us both.

It was silent for a while before my wolf shifted a little making me uncomfortable.

''Stupid wolf pillow.'' I grumbled and moved around trying to get comfortable again, drifting off to sleep.

''Wait!'' my wolf shot up, knocking me onto the ground making me groan again.

I instantly quietened at his head swinging around and his frantic sniffing. I looked towards the direction his head stopped at and my eyes landed on two objects coming in our direction. I crawled back, unsure about the moving things before my wolf let out a happy whimper and ran towards them. I reached out for my wolf but froze as I could start to make out the objects.

''Jayce!'' I cried and stammered up to run for him.

He's here. My mate is here.