Chapter 12-A Barrier Against You

Yes it's been a while. Yes I know you probably hate me. But I didn't get that many comments on ym last chapter and that made me sad and I kinda lost motivation cuz you know, comments make me want to upload quicker and stuff. But anyway here's the next chapter. Yes it's angsty, it will get anstier, but maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel...you never know.

Anyway if you like it PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT-it means i'll upload quicker I promise (I also have parts of other chapters already written ;) ) sorry for any mistakes

Finally please check out my new HCs story-i'll be posting HCs from multiple fandoms into that document :P  Anyway enjoy :P

Magnus’ prediction had been right, after a few minutes of pursuit their target turned a corner and disappeared as though he had just melted into the darkness.

Jace and Alec searched around for a little while, with little hope of finding anything, and eventually headed back to the shop without success.

Only Alec seemed to care that Magnus was not there waiting for them when they returned like he thought the warlock would be. Jace told Alec he wasn’t surprised and that he was sure Magnus had just rushed home to catch an episode of ’10 Years Younger US’ or something.

They hurried back to the Institute, Alec somehow managing to sneak away before Jace could stop him, leaving him alone to explain what had happened to the others.

Alec saw that he had 4 missed calls from Magnus as well as text asking him to call him back but Alec merely turned the phone over so he couldn’t see the screen.

***************************************************************************

That night the nightmares struck again with even more force.

Alec jerked awake suddenly, the force of his own anguished yell as his dream-self ripped Isabelle’s throat out with his teeth wrenching him out of the world of the sleeping.

For a while Alec could hear nothing but the sound of his frantic panting. As he became more aware of his surroundings he found himself to be kneeling on a damp, rough pavement, gravel digging into his knees through his trousers, with cold drops of rain pelting against his skin.

What was he doing here? Had he really sleepwalked all the way out of the Institute?

And speaking of here…where was he?

Looking around he recognised the building around him and it’s didn’t take him long to find a street sign. He staggered back towards the Institute, his muscles strung tight and his skin still crawling from the nightmare.

He had to get back before the others noticed he was gone.

I’m actually going crazy. What if I end up hurting someone?  I need to stay away from everyone, if I stay apart from them for long enough my brain will sort itself out.

Alec’s sleep addled brain churned with panicked thoughts; fragments of memories so vivid he could hardly tell if they were dreams or reality. He head was pounding, a continuous, beating rhythm of agony into his skull making him want to scream.

“AHHHHH!” he yelled, spinning round and slamming his fist into the nearest wall as hard as he could. Anything to distract him from the pain and fear and guilt ripping him apart. The rough scrape of brick tearing away the skin of his knuckles brought tears stinging to his eyes but at the same time a twisted, sadistic smile pulling at his lips.

He looked at the blood trickling from his wounded hand and if any passing strange had looked at his face they would have seen his eyes flash crimson.