She's Not Home

Author's Note: So sorry for such a delay!! School has been crazy and my exams are just about to start. On a sad note though, my laptop crashed, and not only did I have to buy a new one, but I lost all my notes for school and I lost a majority of my writing. That's a big reason to why I hadn't been updating any of my stories lately. Anyways, that you guys for your patience. I feel like there will only be a couple more updates left of this story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carrie's POV:

I spooned the mushed peas into Hunter's mouth. Most of it ran down his chin and onto his bib, but he ate a lot of it. I wiped his chin before giving him another mouthful of the green mush.

I called Jacob last night after waking up from my latest Tommy induced nightmare. He told me about everything that Julie had told him, and I wasn't sure how much of it I should believe. I had never seen Jimmy hit or even raise his voice at Julie. She was hurt in that house, but it was because of Tommy. Jimmy was Tommy's brother though. The same evil must run through both of their veins.

If Julie was lying, Jacob and Detective Hopkins would get it out of her during her interrogation.

There was a knock at the door. I wiped the remaining off of the peas off of Hunter's face before getting up from the table. I opened up the door and I felt my heart jump into my throat.

A man was standing there in dark clothes. He had the hood of his sweatshirt pulled so high it was almost covering his eyes. A silver cane was in his hand. It was Tommy.

I let out a scream before slamming the door shut. His hand shot out before I had the chance to close it. He pushed the door back, and caused me to stumble. I screamed again, hoping the neighbors would hear and call the police, but Tommy was quickly on top of me. He clamped his hand down over my mouth and nose. I squirmed under his weight. He slid his backpack off of one of his shoulders and dug through it with his free hand. I clawed at his hand as I tried to pull it off of my mouth. My chest burned as I tried to gasp for air, but all I could taste was the salty sweat from Tommy's hand.

He pulled out a roll of duct tape and tore a piece off with his teeth. He peeled his hand off of my mouth just long enough for me to suck in a deep breath and let out another scream before he covered my mouth with the duct tape. I tried to scream, but only a muffled noise came out. I tried to turn around so that I could run away from Tommy, but he had me pinned to the ground.

This had to be a dream. There is no way that this could be real. This had to be another of one of my nightmares, but I don't remember falling asleep.

I had to get Hunter. He was sitting in his high chair, completely unaware of what was going on. I had left my cellphone on the table. I had to get to it so that I could call 911 or so I could call Jacob.

Tommy grabbed my wrists and wrapped the duct tape around them. He got off of me, gritting his teeth together as he struggled to get onto his feet. I tried to get onto my feet, but it was hard with my hands tied together. I managed to roll myself onto my side.

I didn't notice Tommy pick up his cane, but I caught a glimpse of it as he swung it down. The metal of the cane connected with my knee and I felt my bones shatter. I screamed so loudly, I could feel the tape pull on my lips. The warm tears were running down my cheek. I moved my leg and it felt like a sharp fire was running down my bones.

"Is Julie here?" he asked. I shook my head, and Tommy rolled his eyes. "You were always useless."

I watched as Tommy walked away through my watery eyes. He walked down the hallway. I had to go and get my phone while he was gone. I rolled onto my stomach and screamed as my knee touched the ground. I pulled myself forward my placing elbows on the floor and pulling myself forward. I gritted my teeth together and tried to stop myself from screaming as my knee dragged across the floor. Tommy stormed back into living room. He placed his foot under my ribs and flipped me over onto my back. I gasped for breath as the pain overtook my body.

"Where is Julie?" Tommy reached down and ripped off the tape from my mouth.

I gasped for air and I couldn't suppress the sobs that had been building up in my throat. I prayed the neighbours heard me sobbing and screaming.

"She's at the station," I said between sobs.

"What station?"

"The police station."

Tommy swore before turning around and stalking out of the living room again. I wanted to keep trying to crawl to the kitchen, but I couldn't find the strength in myself to roll back onto my stomach. I let out another scream. I squeezed my eyes shut and felt the tears roll down my face.

I opened my eyes up again when I heard Tommy walk back into the room. He had Hunter on his hip. Hunter had one of his stuffed animals in his hand.

"Don't hurt him," I sobbed.

"I can't hurt him without Mommy getting the chance to see." I was thrown off by how high pitched his voice came out. He sound like a normal person talking to a baby. Not like the monster he is.

He knelt down and picked a knife out of his backpack. "Julie doesn't need to watch you die though."

"Help!"

Tommy burrowed the knife into my chest. I tried to scream again, but I couldn't breathe. The warm rush of blood ran into my throat and I choked on it. I glanced down to see the handle sticking out of chest. Tommy smirked at me before pulling out another knife.

He thrusted the blade deep into my abdomen. I garbled on the blood as the pain exploded in my stomach. The pain was even more intense when he pulled the blade out. He buried the blade into my stomach three more times.

The pain was still intense, but I didn't have the energy to scream. I couldn't breathe anymore. Tommy was standing over top of me. Hunter was still balanced on his hip. Through my blackening vision, I watched him press his lips against Hunter's temple.

"Let's go find Mommy, Hunter," Tommy said as he threw his backpack over his shoulder.

The door clicked shut before my heart stopped beating.