✗ the feeling of rejection ✗

The feeling of rejection part 1.

Chat watched his princess trap the poisoned akuma with pride yet also a sense of nervousness bubbling in his chest. He relished the moments it took as she yelled out miraculous ladybug, once again restoring peace to Paris, as he knew that within the following minutes he would return to the longing to see her again. Chat knew at after the Dark Cupid incident he would have to gather his guts up another day and confess to Ladybug. He wasn't the type to just sit back and admire their crush and had organised what he was going to say with Plagg the night before.

"I'll see you next time kitty cat-" she began, lightly tapping him on the nose before he cut her off, clutching her wrist tightly in his now clammy hand.

"Not yet, princess, I have something I've been wanting to tell you", he gasped out, pulling her away from the recently akkumatized victim so he could tell her in privacy.

"Alright chat, just make it quick", she spoke with an inquisitive look that made her big bluebell eyes contrast against her soft pale skin. Just seeing her like that, with no idea of what was about to happen, made a blush tingle on his cheeks.

"M'lady.. I understand that I don't know you without the mask, but I.. I.. love you", Chat found his voice crack a tiny bit in the middle but he held solid eye contact, wanting to take in her reaction. He had completely strayed from his plan and he could hear Plagg mentally face palming.

"Chat..", ladybug thought about her romantic interest Adrien and how she couldn't betray him with a partner in crime who she didn't even know the identity of," I can't.. my heart belongs to another", she said, her eyes glazing over with small tears as she saw Chat's face sink as if his heart had been ripped out.

"Okay.. I-I'll go now", Chat spoke his voice cracking and mouth trembling with the effort of holding in his tears. He had hoped for anything but rejection yet ladybug had managed to place it down on him like a brick. He ran off across the rooftops hearing his lady yelling after him. She didn't care about him at all, she didn't even need him.

-=-=- TIMESKIP -=-=-

Marinette was sat on her computer just admiring her background of Adrien pictures and running the nights events through her head. Chat wasn't all that bad, she didn't understand why she had crushed him down so quickly, it was like she panicked in the moment thinking that Adrien was somehow watching over them with disappointment

She had always admired Chat's loyalty and how he never pushed the boundaries, and had found recently that any feelings she had for him were slowly blossoming. Adrien had never particularly noticed her and Chat had other good qualities about him that she found charming.

"Aw Tikki, what am I going to do?", Marinette cried out to her little Kwami who gently patted the bluenette's locks.

"Chat doesn't know your Ladybug, so if you want you could always make a move during your little talks?", the little bug suggested with a smirk, referencing the recent times when Chat came to visit

Just as she said this there was a knocking on her window and she saw a forlorn looking cat hanging off of the window frame outside. She ran over to the window and let him in, away from the light rain that had begun falling.

"Hey Chat", Marinette smiled sadly, trying to keep up the mood despite realising that this is what SHE had done. The boy didn't say a word but started tearing up and crying as he sat down on Mari's chaise.

"Ladybug shot me down", he slurred through his salty tears, which were tumbling off his face like niagra falls. Marinette slipped her arm around his shoulder acting surprised at his statement. He nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck as she spotted her computer was still on, the Adrien collage staring at her, similar to the ones covering her walls.

"It's not that bad Chat. After all, your hugging the girl who can't confess to her own crush", she laughed half-heartedly getting over her cringe at the pictures covering her wall. Chat twitched and looked up slightly at the girl who sat their with a half-smile trying to comfort him

"Mari, I don't think you get it. It hurts so bad, like my hearts been ripped away from me.", he sniffed, as he wiped away any remaining tears. Marinette looked down slightly into those luminous green eyes that were clouded with tears and she gently placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Chat..?", she spoke as she saw him sit up, a blush spread across his nose as he blinked furiously. The last thing he had expected coming to Marinette's was for him to develop a little crush on his classmate. He looked past her and saw her computer background, with pictures of him as Adrien surrounded by swirly hearts.

He simply pointed over her shoulder and she swivelled then looked back with a blush covering her face. This was the clumsy and ridiculous side of Mari he only saw as Adrien. It was odd how she acted so differently and as Marinette decided to explain he fitted the pieces together inside his head.

"Welp, you got me there kitty cat.. This is my crush. The famous fashion model, Adrien Agreste, who is also an incredibly handsome boy in my class who I kind of have a maASSSIVE obsession with", she giggled, her eyes lighting up as she talked about her crush

He paused and found his whole face turn bright red as he realised that the reason Mari acts so weird around Adrien is because she loves him. He looked into her eyes fascinated and smirked before running to the window and out of it with a rushed "goodbye princess"

Tomorrow was gonna be a lot of fun..

Thank you for reading guys! Feel welcome to request any oneshots out of the love square or a continuation of this one. Bai!