[Chapter 8] Unexpected aquaintances.

"Huh?" I managed,swiftly turning around to see a brown haired boy with bright green eyes. He was standing a cocky sort of stance,smiling an evil smile. "And you are?" I frowned,analysing this kid,scanning my brain for any resemblances to people I knew. Then I found it,this guy was obviously related to Gary Oak,my uncle's arch enemy for many years.

"I would have thought you knew who I was,Alex,may I call you Alex?"

"Just realised,hello Xavier Oak. And,I suppose you can. What do you want?"

"Hmph.",He grinned again,then carried on talking. "I came to warn you."

"Warn me? About what? Not to talk to ill mannered pansy strangers who think they can intimidate me?" I regret saying that sentance to this very day,if I hadn't had said it,everything would have been fine. I realised he was quite literate,and he was not to be challenged.

"I came to warn you that I'll be keeping my eye on you and your little friends up until the Pokemon League,because after that I'll be rich and famous from winning. You're a stubborn girl AlexiaKetchum,just like your idiotic unc-"

"How dare you speak ill of my uncle! He was and still is one of the best trainers around,better than your father anyway! I'll take you down here and now for that comment."

"I do not have time for puny,worthless battles with tiny girls. I have Pokemon to train for the League at the end of the year."

"I swear to God,you're going down in that League,Xavier Oak. You're just as meaningless as your father. I hope you realise that,then maybe you might stop being so stuck up."

"MEANINGLESS?! You obviously don't know what that means.",he tossed a Pokeball into the air,then caught it again,as I suspected he was going to do. "Let's roll,little girl." He spun on one leg and released a Dodrio. 

"That's Gary's." Mitch blubbed,mouth hanging on it's fleshy hinges.

"Well done. My father gave it to me. As he knew I would want it."

"You're going to get nowhere." I spoke through my teeth,annoyed as hell. I flipped my Pokeball into the air,jumped to catch it and pushed my arm forward to release Pikachu. 

"Pika." Pikachu looked annoyed as me,having seen the Dodrio when he used to be with uncle Ash.

"Hmm. It looks like I am beaten already.",He was trying to sound regal I think. "No matter,we shall meet again. And at that time,you will be defeated,Miss Ketchum." I was speechless,I hadn't done anything,Pikachu seemed distraught,he must have wanted to battle. I can say the same for myself.

"Bu,bu,bu..What?"

"Just remember Alexia,I will be back to destroy your hopes and dreams." He noted,literally,head held high as he turned and walked into the distance. As for me and Pikachu,we hadn't moved from our gobsmacked spots for five minutes after Xavier was gone.

"What just happened?" I asked,incapable of any other words.

"I,uh,hmm.." Emily was just as shocked as I was.

"I liked his hair." Mitch seemed back to normality. What a strange kid. We proceeded to our hotel after the day's unexpected events,and I decided to call my legendary uncle Ash.