[Chapter 3] In which my story begins,my friends.

When my friends had realised what my uncle had given to me,they demanded that we run home. I agreed but had thoughts on whether to open it in front of them. 'They showed me their Pokemon,so I'll show them mine.' I thought to myself. We soon returned,and up to my room we went. We sat on my purple double bed and braced ourselves for what we were about to see.

"You ready?" I urged,pulling out the Pokeball. 

"Yeah!" Mitch giggled,a crazily wide smile appeared on his face. Our eyes were glued to the ball,ready for me to open it,the suspense made me laugh a bit.

I opened it.

"Oh..oh..oh my god." Emily whispered,breathing heavily.

"NO ACTUAL WAY." Mitch sounded like he was about to faint. 

I couldn't stop looking at it!

Uncle Ash had given me his Pikachu.

He seemed happy to see me,as if he already knew he was going to be mine.

"Pika pika!" He scratched his head and then jumped onto my shoulder,then sat there,just perched.

"I,I have a Pikachu,",I couldn't help bursting out laughing."I have a Pikachu!" I scraped the animal off my shoulder and pulled it into a big bear hug,I was so pleased!

"Well you know what we have to do now,don't you?" Mitch was back to his normal self,I could see in his eyes that he was eager to watch my new Pikachu in action.

"What?" 

 "Go to Viridian City of course!" He really was eager. We'd had our Pokemon for barely 6 hours and he wanted to  go to Viridian City! 

"No! We don't even know these animals properly yet,maybe next week." Emily came out of her Pikachu related trance.

"Aw,come on! I know that you guys want to,we've been waiting for this for years,and now you don't want to go?!"

"He has a point Alex." Emily turned to face me.

"Hmm," I paused,debating whether to agree with Mitch. He was right after all,but was it the right thing to do? "Fine,okay,but as long as you promise to bond immensely with each of your Pokemon tonight,learn it's moves,find out it's traits,it's strengths and weaknesses,and we'll go to Viridian City tomorrow." 

"Of course!" They said in unison. 

"It's getting dark,I should get off home." Mitch muttered,grabbing his things and putting his shoes on.

"Yeah,I'll go too,need to learn about Umbreon." Emily copied his actions,leaving aswell.

"Okay,I'll see you guys later,remember what I said Mitch!"

"Yeah,yeah." I heard him reply,then the door downstairs closed softly as I turned around to look at my new Pikachu.

"So,let's find out what you're like." I smiled at this cute little thing. Suddenly I heard a grumble.

"Pikaaa." Pikachu groaned,looked down at his small yellow stomach and rubbed it in a circle,obviously saying he was hungry. 

"You're hungry,I know! Uncle Ash said you like apples,right?" His ears perked up on the word 'apple'. He jumped back onto my shoulder as we went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen as my mom turned around.

"Oh! Alex,you scared me!,",Then she noticed Pikachu."Who's your little friend?" She laughed.

"Mom,this is Pikachu,he's hungry so I came down to get him an apple."

"Pika pika!" He exclaimed,pointing at the bowl of apples on the kitchen side.

I picked one up and gave it to Pikachu,then started walking back up to my room.

"You two have fun!" Mom called up to us.

"We will!"

After I'd figured out everything about him,with a few hours of a lot of co operation,we retired to bed. I enclosed Pikachu into his Pokeball and went to sleep.

About 8 hours later of dreaming about the adventures I'd wanted with Pokemon,my phone rang. 

"Hello?"

"Alex,it's Mitch! You ready?" I looked at my clock,it was 8:30am.

"Mitch,I'm still in bed!"

"Well hurry up then,Em's at mine and we're ready to come and get you!"

"Ughh,fine,give me fifteen minutes." I said as I hung up.

I grabbed my 'Falling In Reverse' backpack and shoved on my red 'You Me At Six' tee with my dark pink skinny jeans. Then stuffed a jacket into the backpack,letting Pikachu out before I put his Pokeball in there,we then made my way downstairs after letting my parents know I was going out. I grabbed some food,plus apples for Pikachu,and we made our way to Mitch's house.