[Chapter 7] Enemies of old.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Please could you welcome to the Portal Battle Arena,our first two contestants,Brock...uhh,we don't have a second name written down..and Mitch Kendall!"

Brock? The name sounded familiar. Oh well,I couldn't believe Mitch was on first! We cheered as the two opponents walked out of the doors. Mitch waved at us,me and Em were in the middle of the arena's bleachers,just so he could see us while he was battling. I noticed,as this Brock entered this hall,that I knew him. Brown,short-ish hair,I couldn't see his eyes though.He was wearing an orange tee,a dark green bodywarmer,and brown pants. I'm sure he was one of Ash's friends,from years ago,yeah. I remember! He's a Pokemon breeder,so what's he doing here? He's not supposed to battle..

"He must be trying to get back in the game." Emily blurted,eyes still based on the two waving at the crowd. I forgot she could tell what I was thinking.

"True,but I think Mitch has a chance." The boys took their positions and released their pokemon. Mitch produced his Totodile whilst Brock brought out a Sudowoodo.

"Let the battle commence!" The announcer shouted as the crowd roared.

"Sudowoodo! Use Rock Throw!" Brock shouted,poor Mitch,he went pale as a ghost. He was obviously highly nervous.

"Sudowoodo!" It shouted as it conjured some rocks,and you know,threw them. Totodile flipped over from the pain,but got back up,looking furious. 

"Go Totodile,use Ice Fang!" A pair of large,snowy white fangs appeared and crunched down on the opponent's Pokemon. Sudowoodo fell,but struggled to get back up. But brock had a back up,and produced a Crobat from a Pokeball. Mitch actually looked confident this time!

"Totodile,Shadow Claw,now!" Wow,was he actually doing this? It knew Shadow Claw? Oh my gosh. It was like slow motion,the Crobat was knocked out of the air,right onto it's back,out cold. Brock was speechless,the colour drained from his face,looking like he was about to faint.

"Bu..bu..but,no!" Mitch laughed,and scooped Totodile off of the ground,waving at the crowd. When it was all over,we struggled out of the arena to meet him and his Pokemon.

"Well done dude!"

"Yeah,well done" We praised him,looking at his big gold medal.

"That was the best thing I have ever done in my entire thirteen years,on this planet." He blurted with wide eyes,squirming with joy.

"Next time,we're entering!" Emily encouraged jumping about like a lunatic.

"I know!" I answered,joining in. Suddenly we heard a voice.

 "Well well well,if it isn't Alexia Ketchum..."