♡ Chapter 16 ♡

You continued to turn up the volume of the music you were listening to on your phone, so you could drown out Wade and Weasel's excessive shit talking and arguing. You were only on the road for thirty minutes and you were just about ready to open the door and barrel roll out of the moving truck.

The trip to your destination was give or take 8-9 hours with all the stops and traffic, so you knew you were going to kill one or both of the men eventually. You glanced out the window to see the buildings pass you at what seemed like the speed of light. Feeling a tinge of sadness as you thought about the fact that you all couldn't return for quite a while.

You didn't even bother texting Peter about the fact that you just up and moved from one country to another. The less ties that bind you to your old home, the better. Maybe one day he'll get curious and wonder what happened to you, but for now you decided not to inform him.

The idea of running into Francis never seemed to cross your mind either, he just didn't seem like such a threat to you specifically. Never seeing Canada except from the seclusion of Weapon-X and the trek back to the United States, you were excited to explore the uncharted territory.

The idea of attempting to sleep all 8-9 hours on the way there became more and more alluring by the second and soon you were drifting in and out of a deep sleep.

Flashback
(A/N: I don't want to dictate too much of your backstory so it'll be a bit vague and I also don't want to give you a specific illness because that may hit close to home for some readers!)

Huddled in the corner of a dark and packed hole-in-the-wall coffee shop you finished up your new and improved résumé as you waiting for the rain to die down. Something to the right of you in your bag was drawing your attention and it was increasingly harder to resist. Sliding out a manila folder you heart began to race. You had just recently visited the doctor and you were told you had a rare disease that will allow you to only live 3 more years at the most. The news shook you to the core, only being in your very early 20's. You had so much ahead of you that the thought of only having three years at most was terrifying. It was like a waiting game, you had no idea when you'd fall extremely ill and pass. You found all of this out on a semester abroad program in Canada when you passed out inside a museum, needless to say you may be stuck here for a while since the doctor advised strongly against flying.

The chair in front of you was pulled back and a man who oddly resembled the King of Flan from Courage the Cowardly Dog sat down. He gave you a creepy smile and began an introduction that felt almost rehearsed. He mentioned your predicament and admitted that he could help you. Sliding his business card across the small table towards you, he got up and left you in a perplexed state.

You picked up the sharp looking piece of paper and rotated it in your fingers. The minuscule amount of information screamed "danger" but you never really cared about what was dangerous and what was not, always doing what you ultimately wanted most. You decided to wait a few days to give him a call so you didn't seem too eager, which you realized was silly since you didn't know if you could spare those few days.

The next day you perched yourself on the couch as you nervously dialed the number, card extended in front of you. Having no idea if it would just be some scam to steal thousands of dollars from you, you placed everything you had the line.

"Hello?"
"Hello it's (y/n)(y/l/n), you gave me your card yesterday and said you could help me."
"We've been waiting for your call Ms. (Y/l/n)."
'Well that's weird because it's only been a day..' You thought to yourself.

"We can make arrangements for tomorrow if you're ready."
"What about the apartment?"
"We'll take care of absolutely everything, you don't need to bring anything except yourself."
"Let's do it."
"Perfect, I'll send you the information after this phone call ends."

Next thing you know you were being painfully restrained to a cold metal gurney.
"Is this absolutely necessary?" You asked about the excessive force.
"All apart of procedure."

The man was so vague and you didn't even know his name. You trusted your life with this complete stranger and these overly aggressive men. The men used the end of your gurney to open the large metal swinging doors, and you were soon out of that dreary slim hallway, but were now in a dreary spacious room filled with technology and plastic dividers.

Finally your journey stopped and you were placed in a center "room" on the left side of the arrangement. The two aggressive workers left but were soon replaced by a bald man and a muscular woman. The woman stayed quite as the man went off on another rehearsed introduction of who he was and what he did. You just stared at him and when his eyes caught yours his breath hitched in his throat and he was momentarily distracted from his train of thought. Noticing this action, you'd use it for your own benefit in the long upcoming months that made up your stay in Weapon-X.

~End flashback~
A grip on your shoulder was violently shaking you awake and annoyingly awoke you from your sleep.
"What.." You weakly groaned.
"Do you need to use the bathroom? We're stopping for gas." Weasel responded, letting go of his grip on your shoulder.
"You interrupted my dream." You said as you shot him a glare, sliding out of the car to go inside the gas station building.

As soon as you resurfaced you saw that Weasel was now in the drivers and Wade was sitting in the middle, allowing you to get the window once more. Smiling to yourself over his subtle adorable ways of showing you he cared.
Let's just say you fought Weasel for that window, and things got really ugly.

Everything felt like it was going to be okay for once, you thought as you climbed back into the car to be greeted by a kiss from your *hopefully* soon to be significant other.

Wade patted his lap in a way of telling you you could lay your head on something more comfortable than glass if you wanted to sleep again.

You took up his offer and passed out once more as he gently stroked your hair. You didn't get to see it but Wade had the biggest smile on his face as he looked down at the woman he loves sleeping peacefully.