Chapter 19

I walk into my first class. Which I have with Xavier as my evaluator and the teacher I'm learning off. He writes my name on the board before addressing the class.

"Morning class, we have a student teacher with us today. Her name is on the board. For the first couple of lessons she'll just be observing and taking notes. After that she'll be taking over and teaching the class." I smile at Xavier and he give me his seat at his desk as he starts his class.

Throughout the day, I sit and take notes. Noting what content the children are up to, the teaching techniques used, what seems to be most effective with the children and which year levels are harder to control.

Lunch comes around ad Xavier shows me to the staff room.

"What would you like?" Xavier asks as the food for the dad comes out.

There is a plate of sandwiches, a plate of fruit, a plate of biscuits and a plate of dips and crackers.

"Just some fruit." Xavier smiles and lightly presses his lips against mine before going to get a small serving of fruit for me.

"I bet you'll miss it here once you finish your work experience." Xavier says as we sit together. I roll my eyes.

"I think you're the one who will miss this." I say with a smirk. He chuckles and nods his head.

"Have you liked your classes so far?" I nod my head as I bite down on a piece of watermelon.

I stop an gasp as a pain runs through my stomach. It's a small pain. Xavier looks at me with slight panic on his face.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

I gasp again as I feel it. But this time I smile. Realising what happening. The baby is kicking.

I grab Xavier's hand and place it on my stomach for him to feel.

The baby does it again and Xavier smiles brightly. Looking up at me with a grin on his face.

"Seems like we have a little soccer player on the way." I nod my head in agreement with a soft smile.

By the end of the day I was so tired and sore, I just crawled into bed. Xavier came to me and started to softly press down on my shoulders, and rubbing my back. I smile and sigh. Now this is what I call being pampered.