BAAM (25)

Pic of Holly's dad, Matt =>

"So what was up with you earlier when Alana showed up? I mean, you got all growly, and just....angry." Tilly grabbed up one of my pillows and hugged it to her. She looked determined to get answers to any questions she had about my behavior earlier. "Is it because of the whole Hunter thing?" she asked concernedly.

I couldn't tell Tilly what Eliza said to me that night. Alana was Tilly's friend, and I'm sure Tilly would think I'm lying. Besides that, I didn't know if I could trust Tilly. If I could trust anyone. I had thought of Alana as a friend, but once I started to think about what Eliza said, I couldn't shake the thought that Alana would want me dead. Just because she wanted Marcus for her mate. It was all so twisted. "I just....felt anger towards her, is all," I replied.

Tilly gave me a doubtful look. "You're not really good at lying, are you?"

"Meaning?"

She started picking at a loose thread in the pillow. "Meaning, you didn't just get a vibe off of Alana and it made you angry, you're not telling me something. Not telling Marcus something."

I sighed and grabbed the TV remote, turning it on to a horror movie, and would't you know it, it was about werewolves, The Howling. The sight made me think about the full moon that was coming in a couple of weeks. Was I going to be like that? The thought struck terror in me. I didn't want to be a monster. I didn't want to be like the werewolves on The Howling. My thoughts were interrupted by Tilly.

"So what is it?" she asked. When I didn't reply Tilly said the one thing that made me crack. "Holly," she said softly, "whatever it is, you can trust me. You can trust Marcus. If you don't want him to know, or anyone for that matter, I won't tell anyone. I might be able to help you, Holly."

She said I could trust her, but could I still trust her after I tell her what Eliza said about Alana? Would Tilly trust me? I still wasn't even for sure Eliza had been telling the truth. Taking a deep, shaky breath, I confided in Tilly, hoping that she'd believe me.

"I know that you don't kow me well, Tilly, and that the pack is so tight, but...."

Tilly rested a gentle hand on my shoulder. "But what?"

I paused before answering. "Eliza told me something. I don't know if she was telling the truth or not, but....I can't stop thinking about it." I looked up at Tilly with unshed tears starting to form. "She said that Alana was working with her husband to have me killed."

Tilly was silent for a few painful moments. "Why would she say that, Holly? Why would you believe the word of  a hunter after being desived by one?"

I already told her the hardest part, so I might as well tell her about Alana's supposed obsession. "She said that Alana wanted Marcus as her mate. That I ruined things for her by coming here and turning."

"Alana's not like that, Holly. I've known her since we were pups. Alana's been nothing but nice to you, so why would you even think that Eliza had been telling the truth?"

"Because I've already learned once that people around here are good at deceiving me! I thought Hunter was a good guy, and look where that led me! I thought that Alana was cool, and now I'm being told that she wants me dead!" Then I whispered, "I don't know who to believe anymore."

Tilly didn't miss a beat. "I'll tell you this now, Holly, the pack has done nothing but warn you about the hunters, if you believe them, yet again, for one second, you really are stupid." She sighed and rose up. "I think I should go. I'll talk to you tomorrow at school." She headed to the door, opening it. "Oh, and Holly?" I looked up. "I really hope you think about what you're considering to believe. Alana's a good person, don't make the mistake of distrusting her." With that she left, closing the door softly behind her.