Chapter 6

There they were. Sat on the grass, completely alone, away from even their Pokèmon, watching the sun set behind the sea. Now was the perfect time. It was dream like conditions 

"There... There's been something I've been wanting to tell you... Something I've wanted to tell you for a long time. A really long time." Serena said to Ash, blushing dark red. 

"What is it, Serena?" Ash asked, his face close to Serena's. 

"I like you. I like you a lot. I've liked you since we were little. I like that you're kind, funny, childish, and determined. I love you,Ash." Serena said, leaning into Ash, their lips meeting- 

Serena shot up, awake, in her bed at the Pokémon center, with a huge blush on her face. 

They say that when you know something or do something with someone, you can never look at them the same away again. Could you look at someone the same way if you knew they were a Pokémon hunter? 

Probably not. Which was why Serena found herself hesitant to go downstairs in the morning. She was up, had showered, changed, packed her bags and was ready to go.  

But she was hesitant to actually go downstairs. 

It was what she heard Ash say the night prior. She hadn't slept much after that. And when she did sleep, she had had that dream. 

She knew it was just a dream, and that nothing had happened in real life, but... 

She had dreamed of Ash before, of course she had, it was only natural, and she had dreamed of telling him how she felt. But this dream was different, as she had kissed him in that dream. Her dreams usually were only her telling Ash she liked him, if that at all. She would get flustered even in her dreams, but she had dreamed she had kissed Ash. 

She blushed again. "If only...uwaaaaah!" She blushed harder, covering up her red cheeks with her hands.  

"Serena?" 

Serena looked up to see Ash, stood at the foot of the steps, staring blankly at her. "Uh... You okay?" 

Serena was blushing and panicked slightly "Uh... U-u-u-um..."  

Ash sensed that she was embarrassed and uncomfortable, and decided to change the subject, before she become further upset. "You gonna come on down? It's just me down here. Clements trying to get Bonnie out of bed still." He added in jokingly, "I'm not gonna bite you." 

Serena nodded and regained her composure. "Yeah... Yeah, I'll... I'm coming down." She then blushed, deep red, thinking what she thought. She knew Ash liked her... Maybe she should play around with him a bit?... No, that wouldn't be fair on him... Still... 

Could this be a way to show him how she felt? Just a quick thing, or an occasional little play? Could that hurt? Or would it be wrong? Maybe it would push him to make the first move instead...  

In the end, it came down to one thing - did she want to do it? The answer was yes. She sighed lightly, and turned to an oblivious Ash. 

"Hey, Ash?.." Serena asked, blushing at what she was about to do, but already moving to do it. 

"Yeah Se- woah!" Ash started, but was cut off by Serena wrapping her arms around his neck. 

Quickly, Serena wrapped her arms around Ash, and pulled herself into him, bringing the two close into a hug. Serena blushed madly and buried her face into Ash's shoulder, covering up her blushing face. Ash remained stunned for a while, before even registering what was going on.