Chapter 2

Shadow's POV

I was lying awake in bed and then I heard Devin yelling for me, "COME HERE YOU LITTLE BRAT!" I got up, I then put on my boot cut jeans with my camo polyester shirt, and my boots. I walked down the stairs and when I got downstairs.

When I got into the kitchen he was standing there with an angry look, "Did you forget to do the dishes?" He asked, "I told last night that I was sick," I said softly, he turned away from me with an aggravated sigh, "Shadow you know better," He said, "I'm sorry" I apologized, "Well sorry just isn't gonna cut it" He said, and that's when the beating started, after 6 minutes of getting beat, I ran outside of the house and I ran to a barn that was in the middle of the woods.

That place was my only safe place away from that Monster named Devin, the bruise on my arm was throbbing in pain, the blood that came out of my nose and arms along with my legs, when I got to the barn, I opened the door and I slid in and then I closed the door behind me, there was a big pile of hay and on top of it was a pillow and blanket, there was also a mini-fridge that wasn't plugged in and it had A LOT of food in it and then there was a first-aid kit and there was also a 24 pack of Mountain Dew, I sighed and I walked over to the fridge and I grabbed the first-aid kit, and then I walked back over to hay pile, and then I heard a big explosion. 

I fell on top of the hay pile, 'Oof' was the sound I made, and then a big robot walked... Well scratch that rolled through the large doors that were as tall as the robot, he was black and he had two big cannons on the top of his arms, he looked worn out from running, and then he looked down at me, and then I heard people shouting and running towards the barn, I ran and I closed the door, he then helped me barricade it, he picked up one bigger hay bales and he put it in front of the door and I picked up a smaller bale, and he then picked me up and he moved me away from the door, and he then backed away from the door, he held me closer to his chest, I looked up at him he put his BIG finger to his mouth and he quietly shushed me. 

I nodded, he removed his finger from his mouth, after 10 minutes of being silent he set me down gently, he then limped over to the corner and he then started to mess with his cannons, I looked over at him, he had blue stuff coming from the corner of his mouth, he looked at me and I smiled gently, he looked at me confused, and then he looked back down at his cannons and started to fiddle with them, I watched him carefully, I have to admit those cannons are BOSS! 

He looked at me, he stopped fiddling with his cannons, and he examined me carefully. Probably making sure I had no weapons when he got done examining me, he went back to fiddling with his cannons, he looked beaten up and it was bad, his black paint was scratched up and dented, "I'm Shadow Marie Dodge" I greeted softly and politely, he looked up at me, "Ironhide" He sneered, "Well Ironhide, nice to meet you" I said, he went back to fiddling with his cannons.

"Who were those people chasin' you?" I asked but my southern accent kicked in, he looked up at me, "I call them flesh-bags, but I will call you by your name since you didn't tattle" Ironhide sneered, "Are you an Autobot?" I asked curiously, "Yes," He said, "Really?" I asked with disbelief in my voice, I LOVE the Autobots! They are BOSS! "Yeah," he said and went back to fiddling with his cannons, "I LOVE you guys! You guys are the bomb!" I said I started to fan-girl, telling him how much I thought they were awesome; he just looked at me the whole time, and then my mouth shut after 5 WHOLE minutes! 

"Wow, I didn't know that we were that awesome to you," Ironhide said, "Yeah you guys are BOSS! You guys put the A in awesome! You all are my favorite!" I said, he scooted away from me a little, "I know I'm nuts" I said, "Or what you humans say cray-cray" He said, I laughed, Ironhide is AWESOME! He is my new and only friend! "Ironhide?" I asked him after 2 minutes of silence, he hummed while fiddling with his cannons, "How would you like to be my new and only friend?" I asked him, he looked at me, "I would like that" He said and then went back to fiddling with his cannons I felt my heart leap.

 A new friend! And it's even better cause it's an AUTOBOT! "Hey have I told you that those cannons are AWESOME!" I cheered, "No," Ironhide said, "Well they are!" I said with excitement, "Finally a human after my own central processors" Ironhide mumbled, "Thanks!" I said cheerfully, "Yah, yah," Ironhide said while waving his hand, and then I heard him wince in pain, I saw a burn on his leg, I walked over to him carefully, and I examined his leg, the hole was medium-sized, it didn't look like it was hurting, but it was hurting for Ironhide, I looked around the barn for something to repair him, he looked down at me, "Why haven't you told anybody? You could get money for turning me in" he questioned, "There I something you need to know about me" I said.

 "What is that?" He asked me, "I don't tattle on my friends and I don't need money! I'm glad I have an Autobot as a friend" I said, he looked at me surprised, "Thanks Shadow" He said, I felt so happy, and then Ironhide smiled softly, OMG did he just? No probably my imagination I smiled back, and then I heard Monster call, "SHADOW MARIE DODGE! GET BACK HERE FOR ROUND 2!" I froze and my smile disappears quickly, Ironhide noticed, "Round 2?" He asked puzzled, "Beatin'," I said, I went to walk out the door but I felt warm fingers go around my body and then I felt that I was being held to something metal protectively, "I won't let you go," Ironhide said, "Ironhide if I don't go, he'll kill me and then he'll find you and you'll die," I said, Ironhide looked at me with sadness in his electric blue eyes, "I'll come back! With some supplies" I said, and then Ironhide set me on the ground and I ran out of the barn and I headed home, when I got home Dad was on the front steps, "Shadow I'm sorry about today, I didn't mean it" Monster said, was he apologizing to me? Well, that's a first. "It's fine," I say in a low tone, "Well get inside for round 2" He commanded, I walked in the house.