City of London

Emily's POV

2 weeks later

The 2 weeks that I lived in London were some of the happiest days of my life. With Jacob around I feel like I can forget the events of the past 2 months. But the past few days were a little lonely, I haven't seen Jacob for the past few days. I've been spending most of my time with either my friend Mary or uncle Aleck. Mary turns to me.

" Emily?" I turn to her she is reading a newspaper. She smiled

" What is it Mary?" I say. Wondering why she is so happy.

" The Blighters are no longer in control of London, it now belongs to a gang called the Rooks," she explains. So that is what Jacob has been doing, " The assassin's actually did it, they liberated London from the Blighters," she says surprised.

" I'm guessing you didn't have much faith in them, did you?" I ask.

" Well the Blighters have been here ever since I can remember, and with Templar influence they have gotten worse," she explains.

" Well, I'm going to the City of London, do you want to come?" I say.

" What are you going to do?"

" Walk around mostly, I just really wanted to go to a place I haven't been to yet," I explain.

" Yeah, I will come, just to get out of the shop for a little while," I walk to uncle's bedroom door.

" Uncle, me and Mary are going to the City of London," I say though the door.

" Okay, just be careful,"

" Always am," Mary and I go into a carriage and ask the carriage driver to take us to the City of London. Me and Mary laugh and reminisce old memories of when we were younger. The carriage stopped. Thank you," I say to the carriage, he just tipped his hat at me.

" So Emily, what do you want to do?" Mary asks me.

" I don't know, maybe we can just walk around until we see something of interest," Mary nods. We around for about 10 minutes until we find a pub. Mary points it out.

" What about that pub, I have never been to one," she says," Have you been to one?"

" Yes, Jacob took me to one,"

" Really? Usually a man takes a woman to the park or have a picnic," Mary explains.

" That is exactly what I said," I say," But is was very fun day,"

" Glad to know," she says," Lets go in," I nod, I'm so glad I brought a little money today. As we walk in I was hit by the smell of alcohol. I guess Mary smelled it too because she coughed. We sit at a bar stool. The bartender comes over.

" What can I get for you ladies," he asks.

"Two beers," Mary says. The bartender nods and hands us our beer.

" Emily lets play a game," Mary says.

" Okay," I say.

" Lets see who can drink their beer the fastest," she says. I nod. " One 3, 1,2,3, GO!" I gulp down my beer as fast as I can but Mary wins. I sigh in frustration." I win," she smiles.

"You win," we laugh." Ready to go?" I asks. She nods and we walk out the front door. We walk some more and talk and joke around some more. Until we walk up to a theater. I stop, thinking about the last time I've been to one with my mother. Let along with anyone.

" Emily, are you okay?" Mary asks.

" Yes, I was just thinking about my mother," Mary hugs me.

" I know that your mother's death has been hard, but you need to move on, she would want you to be happy," I nod. I know that she is right, but it's hard to move on. We walk away from the theater and spend 2 more hours in the City of London just walking and doing a little more sight seeing. Then we go back to Lambeth to my uncle's shop. We got back around noon.

" We should do this more often," I say.

" Yes we should," Mary says and she gets back to work in Aleck's shop. I walk back to my room to grab a book from my shelf and I lay down on my bed and read a book about the Greek gods and goddesses.