The Blighters

Emily's POV

I woke up early ( around 6:30am), too excited about seeing Jacob again. To pass the time I grabbed my book William Shakespeare's Henry the 8th. It has always been my favorite. I go to the kitchen table with my book and read.  About 2 hours later, I get to the part where Mary Boleyn had King Henry's baby, and Anne Boleyn tries to get King Henry to marry her. I was interrupted by my uncle.

" Ah, Emily your up early," Aleck says.

" Yeah, I couldn't fall back asleep," uncle looks at what I am reading.

" Ah, William Shakespeare's Henry the 8th, you like Shakespeare?"

" Oh yes I do," I say, " He is my favorite play write, mother always took me to see his plays when they were being performed," I smile. Thinking of a happy time with her comforts me.

" Well we are just going to go see one of his plays now would we," see says.

" Really?" I ask happily.  He nods and I hug him. Mary make us breakfast and I eat with glee. After I was done eating I continued to read my book. About an hour later I got to the part where Anne Boleyn married King Henry. Then I heard a knock at the door. Uncle Aleck got it.

" Ah, Jacob," uncle says," Why are you hear?"

" I am hear to show Emily more of London," he says." Is she hear?"

" Yes, but she is absorbed in her book," I look up and I get up and I greet Jacob." Wow you 2 became friends fast,"

" Actually, I enjoy Jacob's company," I say.

" And as do I," Jacob says smiling." Well we best get going," I nod and before leaving I give uncle Aleck a hug. Jacob walks me to the carriage and opens the door for me. " Don't worry this time I'll drive more carefully," 

" So are we really going to see London again?" I ask.

" No," he responds," We are going to go to a local pub,"

" Oh, really a pub, Jacob you are being creative, usually a man brings a women to the park or have a picnic," I say surprised.

" Do you not want to go to a pub?" Jacob asks.

" No, it's not that, I mean I just didn't expect a pub," I say," It actually very creative, and original," After a few minutes we arrive at a random pub. We walk in and I see a lot of drinking men. Me and Jacob sit on a bar stool.

"Emily, what would you like? Jacob asks me.

" A beer is fine," I say. I never actually drank before, besides dinner wine at my home in Scotland.

" 2 beers, for me and the lady," Jacob says to the bartender. He nods and hand us our beer, and Jacob pays him. I take a drink from beer. I tasted the bitterness of it and I cough. Jacob laughs." You never had a beer before?" I just shake my head. I take  another sip and it tasted a little better.

" It's good," I say. I gradually got used to the taste. Jacob kisses my hand. Then I hear 3 people. When I turn around I see 3 men in red, 1 big man that looks like he could crush you with his arms, and 2 smaller men who look weaker than the big man. I turn to Jacob." Jacob, who are they," he turns around and sees them.

" Oh.... the Blighters," he says, " There one of London's gangs, well you can says that the only gangs in London are my Rook's and the Blighter's," he explains.

" Will they come after you?" I ask worried.

" No, I took most of their barrows, they basically now fear me and my Rooks," The big Blighter turns to us.