Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Stucky was the couple everyone wanted to be like. They were both the significant other that everyone wanted; cute, funny, kind, caring, romantic, sweet etc. After 'The Winter Soldier' incident, they refused to let each other go. They had lived together in the same flat for a few years now, changing their relationship status from best friends to lovers. Everyone would repeatedly 'awe' them when they went out together in public. One year ago, they brought a puppy together and named it 'Tony' to show their love for each other by promising to both care for a single thing, Tony was Stucky's child. Their lives were almost perfect, but no ones can be exactly perfect can they?

One night Bucky and Steve were invited out to a fancy party. It was said to be the 'party of the year', and Steve had received a special invite and a plus one. Of course, he straight away asked Bucky to go with him!

Bucky had told Steve to meet him there so they could both get ready themselves, and surprise each other in a way. So Steve went to Sam's house (falcon) and got ready there. Sam didn't mind.

A few hours later, Steve had arrived and he did so... in style. Falcon had offered to take him over there, but by flying. Steve his hair gelled up all nice,  with his tuxedo neatly layed out on his body, then there was falcon: scruffy jeans he had worn all day, a red polo shirt and (obviously) his flying suit. But that didn't stop the crowd from clapping and wooing him as he entered the party.

As Bucky wasn't there yet, he went in and got himself a drink, an refreshing, non-alcoholic can of coca cola. Why start drinking when your partner hasn't even shown up?

Many people gathered around Steve often to ask him where Bucky was. his answer was always "Still getting ready."

A couple of minutes later, Steve spotted a tall, handsome man coming towards him. Just looking at the neat, slick back, long, brown hair, he knew in a instance that it was Bucky. He placed his drink on the table and walked towards him.

"Bucky, you look beautiful" Steve said almost instantly.

"As do you Steve" replied Bucky with a cute smile. The two of them shared a romantic moment, starting of with a hug, which worked its way up to a kiss, both of them completely oblivious of the crowd that had formed around them.

A slow song had started playing as Bucky tugged Steve to the middle of the room and wrapped their arms around each other, and slowly began to sway to the weak beat of the music.

Bucky had his arms around Steve waist and his head on his shoulders. A person behind Steve caught Bucky's eye. He subtly raised his head from Steve's shoulders to see who it was.

Bucky recognised him. It was someone from his past. Someone from when... he was the winter soldier. He let out a quiet gasp, which Steve heard, both of them still swaying side to side, and still interlocked with each other.

"Hey Buck, you okay?" Steve asked, slightly holding Bucky closer to himself.

"It's... It's someone who I used to know" Stuttered Bucky.

"Well who is it?" Insisted Steve.

Bucky had froze, glaring at the man. Steve pulled him aside and into a deserted hallway.

He held Bucky's face in his hands and asked him who was it.

Bucky told him that it was someone from his past, how he was in the lab where Bucky got brainwashed and had his metal arm attached to him. Steve could tell that all the horrible memories that they had been trying to forget for years, had all started coming back to him. He (like always) was worried about Bucky, so they went home, got changed and went to bed.