Top Secret

"Where's Sadie?" Axl asked as he walked through the bus, a beer in his hand.

"Away," Izzy said curtly. "Hopefully you're not going to do anything stupid while she's gone."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" he asked defensively.

"Oh, come on, Axl! Do we have to spell it out for you?" Duff cut in.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Carmen?" Slash said.

"Wow, you're on their side, too? Great," Axl said, throwing up his hands, trying not to spill his beverage as he steadily became annoyed with his bandmates.

"We're Sadie's friends, too, Axl. We're not going to let you do things like this. She needs to know," Izzy said.

"Izz, fuck off, okay? This is my relationship-"

"RelationshipS" Steven said suddenly.

"Don't start, Adler! This is my business, not any of yours!" Axl yelled, pointing threateningly at all of them.

"Ax, look man, it is our business. You're both our friends, and we don't wanna see anyone get hurt here."

"Nah, leave him alone, Stevie. He's not going to listen to us; he doesn't care because he thinks he knows everything," Duff said.

"At least he knows. Axl, you break her heart, you piss the rest of us off. How's it gonna feel when the guys in the Crüe get pissed, too? You're either gonna get us kicked off the tour or get your ass kicked! Stop being a fucking idiot and messing around with all these girls!" Slash shouted.

"I'll do whatever the fuck I need to do. Don't fuckin' worry about it! And you're not even one to talk, all of you have a different chick every night, so fuck off!"

"Whatever, man. You think you know best."

"I fuckin' do. Now, where is she?!" Axl asked, slamming his beer down on the table, causing the foam to overflow.

"Mötley bus," Duff said gravely.

"I wouldn't bother her if I was you," Izzy said boredly.

"Yeah? Well you're not me."

°°°°°°

"So you and Axl are a thing now?" Mick asked quietly.

"Sort of."

I looked around; this was my first time back on this bus in months. I had come back to see Tommy, only to find Mick who, to my surprise, was finally ready to talk to me.

He laughed. "You are or aren't, hun. There's not much of an in between," he said as he began to clean up the bus.

"Well, it's nothing official... exactly. O- okay, yes. The realest answer you can get is yes."

He nodded thoughtfully. I could practically see the gears of his brain turn as he processed this information.

"Thought so. I'm glad to see that Nikki doesn't have you down still. He's a fucking idiot. Ignore him."

"It's not really hard to at this point," I shrugged. "I never see him. As for me and Axl... Well, I feel like that it isn't going to last much longer. He's hiding something, I just know it."

Mick straightened up and looked at me, eyebrows raised. His wild purple people eater aura was glowing through him.

"Well, when you find out what it is, let me know. I'll kick his ass, kid."

"Thanks, Mick," I said with a chuckle, "I appreciate it."

He smiled warmly and continued picking up the empty bottles the littered the bus.