Lookin' For a Kiss

Today felt like it was going be a good day; everyone was in a good mood, and Nikki woke up before 3 P.M.. He had even offered to take me shopping so I could have some new clothes for the rest of the tour, which was a good excuse for us spend some one-on-one time together.

At this point in the tour, we had all been wearing each other's clothes and it was just too much of a pain in the ass to sort out the jumbled mess and give everything back- no one remembered who owned what anymore.

Vince had somehow ended up with my favorite white shirt at one point (the only white one I owned, in fact) and had spilled beer on it, as well as stained it with make up. Mick was taking my jackets (but usually asked before and giving them back when he was sober enough to remember). Tommy had been taking my socks, and Nikki and I were constantly wearing each other's pants (they were surprisingly comfortable and fit both of us decently enough, even though he had thicker, more muscular thighs than I did).

After walking through store after store and Nikki spending tons of money on me and all of my new clothes (as he ignored my protesting), we decided to walk around for a bit and get lunch.

"What about this place?" he said with a smirk as nudged my arm. I raised an eyebrow.

"Rob's Mystery Burgers? Uhh, I'm thinkin' no..."

"Oh come on, who doesn't like a good mystery?" he asked as he tried not to laugh. I shook my head.

"You're such a goofball, Sixx," I said, slipping my hand into his. I could see his lips curve into a smile.

"You know it, sexy Sadie."

I felt a smile spread across my face. I loved when the guys called me that... It made me think back to when I met Nikki in 1980. The band wasn't even fully together yet- it was just Tommy and Nikki hanging out as friends with a shared dream of rock and roll decadence.

°°°°°°Flashback°°°°°°

I walked down the sunset strip, holding my leather jacket close to my body. It was early December and being that the sun was going down, I was freezing. I was looking for my best friend, Tommy, but I didn't see him anywhere. He had told me to meet him at Leo's Records- our usual hangout- but he wasn't there.

I needed to find him if it killed me; I had been living with him and his family but they were on a trip to visit relatives in Greece. Tommy had stayed behind with me (okay, more like we got in trouble and weren't allowed to go), and was the only one that had a key to the house. Without him, I would end up freezing to death. I looked around, hoping to see him.

Tommy Lee was not an easy boy to miss; he was skinny and lanky- the kid was six feet and two inches of bubbly happiness with a goofy smile that radiated like sunshine, and a contagious laugh that made him stand out- his long, fluffy brown hair and leopard print pants didn't camouflage him either.

After about 15 minutes of searching, I was completely frustrated. The sun was sinking lower and lower by the minute, I was getting colder, and I still didn't see Tommy anywhere. I was about to give up completely when I saw him stumble out of a nearby building- he was definitely not the most graceful. The building looked like a bar... although neither of us were allowed to drink, it didn't matter; we were teenagers in 1980, everyone knew us, and no one cared.

I could see that Tommy had someone hanging on his shoulder, and I wasn't sure if it was a guy or a girl at first, but I soon realized that he was, in fact, a guy. The stranger had shaggy black hair and was also tall, but not lanky like Tom; he probably would have been taller if he hadn't been hanging on him for balance, but being that he was completely shitfaced, he couldn't help it. He was loudly singing the lyrics to the New York Dolls song 'Lookin' For A Kiss,' and he was absolutely annihilated.