Baby Kills

"Why is he bleeding?" Vince screeched.

"Because he's an idiot!" I announced.

"I didn't know being an idiot caused people to randomly bleed from their nose," Mick said sharply, shooting me a glare. He tilted Nikki's head back and and felt along the sides and bridge of his nose, looking for breaks.

"Yeah, well it must be a new phenomenon." I mumbled bitterly, wiping the black eyeliner tears off of my cheeks.

Mick shook his head. He knew exactly what had happened- he was the band's silent observer. He had either seen or heard almost every single interaction between Nikki and I in the last four days- although it was hard not to. He would never tell anyone that he was listening, we just knew; he could have been a spy because of how secretive he was.

Nikki and I had been fighting over stupid things lately, but today seemed like it would have been a break in the arguing and things seemed like they would turn around. Obviously, the light at the end of that tunnel was dimming.

Of course, people have always had their fights, but Nikki and I were different than most; we were both headstrong, stubborn, opinionated, and in a fight for control, causing the two of us to butt heads more often than anyone else did, even when we were getting along perfectly. The only thing that worked in our favor was that we were both ambitious and driven, striving to make everything work in our favor.

Every now and then, we'd argue and one of us would drop in bit of harsh reality and a few jeering comments, causing the entire thing to blow up and be awful. This rapidly turned into one of those occasional days, and it was worse than it had ever been. Nikki was out of line and Mick knew it, but being that they were bandmates, he would always back him up before defending me.

Unfortunately, I knew that there was no way for me to get away from Nikki unless he was on stage; none of the other guys would let me bunk with them, yet none of them liked me being alone while we were on tour. This obviously didn't help because Nikki and I never had space away from each other when we needed it. The hotel an the bus were my only 'alone time' places, and it was a very rare occasion when they let me hangout with the other bands that were touring with us without one of them around to make sure I stayed out of trouble.

Being together constantly had caused an inexplicable tension between us- a sort of friction, if you will. Before Mötley hit it big, they were protective of me, but not in the way they were now; I had a boyfriend for a while (namely, Kelly Nickels) and I was allowed to come and go as I pleased with minimal arguments. Of course, after a while things change. Relationships fall through, people get noticed...

No matter what the situation was, high or low, Nikki and I were always there for each other, even through the disagreements. It never ceased to amaze me that no matter how upset we were with each other, we were as close as could be- until now. He had finally crossed the line for the final time this tour, and I was done.

Mick was the only one trying to help Nikki; I was still too angry and Tommy and Vince were completely shocked and stared in a strange way. Their faces held a mixture of awe and disgust for the bloody fountain pouring from Nikki's nose as he just sat there, totally helpless. His eyes had glossed over from the involuntary tears that he was desperately trying to blink away as the blood continued to flow.

It took a couple minutes, but Nikki's blood had began to fill Mick's hand and trickle down his arm, spreading further panic through the boys.

"Don't just stand there, you fucking morons! Get some towels or something. Shit!" Mick snapped angrily, annoyed with the uselessness of the onlookers.

The blood that had run down his arm finally dripped onto the white carpet, and within a heartbeat, Tommy and Vince had disappeared and returned with the lemon colored hotel towels.