Nightmares In A Donut Shop

Começar do início

"I know you like my clothes, and I've been meaning to give you this. So, here." He says.

I inspect it and toss it over my shoulders; studying myself.

"Looks good." He smiles, and then begins to rush down the stairs.

Four flights of stairs later and we find ourself on our way to campus.

River's arm is tight around my shoulder as mine is around his waist.

We don't say much on the way, besides the occasional pedestrian greeting him with a "hey Rio" from across the street.

Upon arriving to campus, I lead River inside to the main office and place my envelope on the counter.

The man from before occupied the desk to my surprise.

He looks up to me and smiles, noticing River who stands a couple of feet behind me tuning his guitar.

"Remember me?" I ask jokingly.

He nods and takes the envelope.

"Are these your records?" He asks.

"Yes sir."

He unfolds the letter and reads through it quickly.

"Alright," he starts, setting it aside. "I'll send them in."

I smile to him and nod.

"Thanks." I say, and turn back to River.

River puts his arm around me again and begins out of campus until two girls approach us, one with long brown hair and one blonde.

"Excuse me." The blonde one says, eyeing River.

I already know what she's going to say.

"Are you River Phoenix?" She asks.

As usual, I furrow my eyebrows in confusion hoping to throw them off.

"River Phoenix?" River asks, as though the name never occurred to him. "I'm nothing like that guy. I met him once, he was a real asshole."

I can tell the girls aren't buying it.

"You look exactly like him." The brown haired one says, radiating with nerves.

"It's the nose, isn't it?" River asks, placing his finger to the tip of his nose. "Yeah, we have a few similar features. But I'm not that guy."

The girl looks at me and frowns, but her eyes soon widen as she inspects my shirt. Then, she points.

"I've seen River Phoenix in that button up before." She tells me.

Fuck.

Right as I'm about to speak, River joins in with quick wit.

"Ha!" He yells. "What makes you so sure a big-shot like him would be loitering around the streets of Gainesville and not some West Hollywood Pub?"