Finally

By the time Connor, Keanu and I had finished our conversation, the clock hit 5.

We decided to occupy the Viper Room for the rest of the night and hang out; completely drain ourselves of reality.

We stayed in our booth, smoking and conversing, speaking mainly of River.

After Keanu's hours of questioning, I finally gave up.

"Why don't we just put it in the newspaper, huh? We can tell the press and let the whole world know!" I yelled sarcastically.

"Yeah right, the press would never believe that shit." Keanu said, laughing at his own joke.

"What shit?" A voice said. River.  I could recognize that soft voice from anywhere.

We all looked up to see River, Flea, and Piper standing together, dressed ready for a long night.

We shifted down, allowing them to sit with us.

"The press would never believe River had sex." Keanu said.

River laughed and pushed his hair out of his face.

"Those dumbasses would never believe it," River started, clearly amused. "The world thinks I'm so golden. It's bullshit." He laughed.

We all shared a slight laugh; it was true. The magazines had such a twisted view on who River really was. It seemed like everyone viewed him as such a reserved person, but he wasn't. He was quite loud, and funny. But they never knew that side of him, they refused to see it.

"Enough about the press, man. Where are the drinks?" Flea asked, causing us to laugh. 

"I'm going to get something, anyone want to come with?" Piper asked.

"I'll come." I told her.

-

We shifted our way through the crowded room and to the bar.

"Carmen, I have news." Piper said, grabbing my attention.

"Are you pregnant? Cause if you are, I swear to god," I started, but was soon cut off.

She shook her head.

"Damn it, Carmen. I'm not pregnant." She defended. "River's asking you out tonight. At least, that's what Flea said."

About time, I thought.

"Serious?" I asked her.

"Do I ever lie?" She wondered, slightly offended.

"Remember in 5th grade when you tried to convince me that Connor was blind?" I asked her, recalling the first time she'd ever lied to me.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed two shots from the counter, handing one to me.

"Okay, but would I ever lie about this?"

"Good point." I answered.

We took our shots and sat down, observing the boys' booth from afar. They were all laughing and talking, Connor looking slightly intimidated by the fame surrounding him.